The Edge or NSI-my ASP gel extensions are poor quality

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catbamer83

Reaction score
I've trained in ASP and have done these in my salon for sometime now, but I just feel the quality of the products are not great. I'm desperate to use a different system - the suppliers near by stock The Edge or NSI - what we you recommend?

I personally believe the edge is very poor quality, ok for training nothing else. In the past i have used NSI and never had any problems, i know use LCN. If you are looking for quality then cnd, nsi, lcn, young nails , cal gel, are all high end products.They may cost a few £s more, but in the long term it will be worth it.

I used The Edge products when I was training and I hated them. I now use NSI for both L&P and Gel enhancements and I really like them. Never had a problem with NSI products.

Nsi all the way, plus its easier to play around with xx

Thanks so much for your responses - Deffo gonna go for NSI system, excited :)
I've been researching NSI all night long and I've found that a lot of people use scrub fresh when prepping the nail - this isn't a MSI product is it?

Thats good to know. I used edge in my training and never really like it. But think I will try NSI. Do you buy just directly online or any other stockists?xp:)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I used the edge in college found it really runny and not long lasting I now use nsi and crystal nails products and love both xx

I've trained in ASP and have done these in my salon for sometime now, but I just feel the quality of the products are not great. I'm desperate to use a different system - the suppliers near by stock The Edge or NSI - what we you recommend?

I really like ASP both hard gel and gel polish. However I've never used the acrylic. I'm getting a good three weeks out if my gels and that's on hairdressers and beauty therapists. I don't think they are substandard in anyway. Much better quality than some brands. But each to our own. It's always good to see what else is out there. I've heard some great things about NSI and CND.

I don't dislike asp, I just know it's not the best, and boy was I right! I've just got the NSI system and I'm soooo impressed, huge difference in the self levelling and what a clear strong high gloss finish! Mind j have found I applied the gel to thin which caused a few snapped nails - I'll master it thou ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1415739359.961581.jpg this is the finish without a top coat of Polish

I don't dislike asp, I just know it's not the best, and boy was I right! I've just got the NSI system and I'm soooo impressed, huge difference in the self levelling and what a clear strong high gloss finish! Mind j have found I applied the gel to thin which caused a few snapped nails - I'll master it thou View attachment 78654 this is the finish without a top coat of Polish

Is it the balance gel. I have been tempted to try it but they have so many different variants and I find it confusing. I've heard amazing things about there acrylic.

I've had a client of mine in today who as only really had acrylic done. She's had gel a few times but found it to weak. However every time she has acrylic done it lifts within a week and that's even at a NSS nail bar using MMA. I applied ASP sculpting gel not T3 to her nails and after 2 weeks she's had no lifting and only one slight chip due to decorating. She is so impressed that she has had no lifting that she now wants gel every time and want to grow out her tips. I can not believe how these nails gave lasted.
However! As much as I love my ASP Gel and gel polish I'm really wanting to get my hand on some EZflow hard gel but finding it a pain to source.

Latest posts

Back