The Edge Tip & Dip

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkgirlie

Reaction score
Hi

How good is the edge tip & dip? x

I use it & like it, never had any probs with it

I use it now and again, very easy product to use.................:D

I use it & like it, never had any probs with it

How do i use it? I am trained in gel and have done an acrylic conversion but not practised. Is it paint on resin, dip in powder, spray with activator, paint another layer of resin, dip in powder, spray with activator then wait a couple of minutes before filing and buffing? x

Yep you've got it.......... I only spray once with activator though at the end................:D

Kinda, sorta and not quite.

It's not as easy as it sounds.

My advice would be to book a one-to-one training if at all possible. Just to learn a few little tricks to avoid headaches later.
If not, if the Brand you choose provides videos, watch them several times.

Some things to keep in mind:
- Wherever possible, use a brush on activator/catalyst in place of a spray because a) sprays are wasteful B) some clients' skin reacts negatively to the sprays c) too much spray can cause a burning sensation.
- Use a sparing hand with the resin, you don't want it running every which way because you'll wind up with lift later. Also, you don't want 'gobs' when the powder is sprinkled on cause by too much resin 'running' to one spot
- don't get too close to the eponychium, the thinner resins are self-spreading and you don't want lift caused by it touching the skin
- After applying resin again, to a nail that's already been dipped or sprinkled, wipe the brush on a towel to remove powder that may be stuck to it before replacing it into the bottle (else your brush will get gummed).
- apply vaseline to the necks of your bottles so that the caps won't get stuck on
- it's better to tap the side of the finger to remove excess than to 'dust' off with a brush as A) the brush gets contaminated B) the brush gets gummy
- I've recently started using a very small spoon (metal baby spoon) to sprinkle over the nail... you can avoid contaminating the powder that way, and avoid 'ridges' in the enhancement caused by the client not dipping correctly (or yourself)

I'm sure there's some more tips I haven't thought of.... Feel free to pick my brain

Kinda, sorta and not quite.

It's not as easy as it sounds.

My advice would be to book a one-to-one training if at all possible. Just to learn a few little tricks to avoid headaches later.
If not, if the Brand you choose provides videos, watch them several times.

Some things to keep in mind:
- Wherever possible, use a brush on activator/catalyst in place of a spray because a) sprays are wasteful B) some clients' skin reacts negatively to the sprays c) too much spray can cause a burning sensation.
- Use a sparing hand with the resin, you don't want it running every which way because you'll wind up with lift later. Also, you don't want 'gobs' when the powder is sprinkled on cause by too much resin 'running' to one spot
- don't get too close to the eponychium, the thinner resins are self-spreading and you don't want lift caused by it touching the skin
- After applying resin again, to a nail that's already been dipped or sprinkled, wipe the brush on a towel to remove powder that may be stuck to it before replacing it into the bottle (else your brush will get gummed).
- apply vaseline to the necks of your bottles so that the caps won't get stuck on
- it's better to tap the side of the finger to remove excess than to 'dust' off with a brush as A) the brush gets contaminated B) the brush gets gummy
- I've recently started using a very small spoon (metal baby spoon) to sprinkle over the nail... you can avoid contaminating the powder that way, and avoid 'ridges' in the enhancement caused by the client not dipping correctly (or yourself)

I'm sure there's some more tips I haven't thought of.... Feel free to pick my brain

Well, you've given me something to think about! I will need to try it before further questions. The sprinkling sounds a good hygienice idea. I use gel at the moment and just wondering if the tip and dip would be a little stronger x

No, UV Gel IS stronger than Tip-n-dip.

Tip-n-dip suits VERY few people and affords very little strength.
it's also very porous and more prone to lift, than other systems.
It requires frequent soak-offs, as opposed to repeatedly rebalancing.

It's a good system when used where it's suitable.

As with any enhancement system:you have to weigh the pros and cons, and determine what best suits clients.

hth's

No, UV Gel IS stronger than Tip-n-dip.

Tip-n-dip suits VERY few people and affords very little strength.
it's also very porous and more prone to lift, than other systems.
It requires frequent soak-offs, as opposed to repeatedly rebalancing.

It's a good system when used where it's suitable.

As with any enhancement system:you have to weigh the pros and cons, and determine what best suits clients.

hth's

What gel do you use? X

I use EZ Flow "Gel-It" uv gel, and EZ Flow Acrylic.
I use CND Shellac for my Natural Nail clients.

There are alllll kinds of Brands out there.

To narrow your choices down:
1) determine which Brands are easy to obtain in your area AND get training for
2) Determine what you want from your products
3) Then from there, decide which of the Brands more local to you will meet your needs.

There are 2 big pains in the butt when you choose the wrong brand (aside from performance)
1) difficulty in getting training, or mentorship because they're too far away
2) Shipping is long and pricey and if you're stuck in a pinch, and have a client at 5pm..... you want to be able to get your product in a timely fashion.

hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back