The Gel Bottle or GELeration?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donnadee

Reaction score
Im wanting to change brand as im not happy with my current one. Has anyone had experience with ither if these brands?? I cant decide which to try!? Xx

The Gel Bottle all day long. GELeration is inconsistent with application and has destroyed many new clients nails that have come to me from other nail techs. The Gel Bottle applies flawlessly in 2 coats. Never lifts. Rarely chips. Comes off well. And the nails are in great condition. No dryness. All bar one of my clients LOVE The Gel Bottle. The colours are amazing. You won't regret it!

I agree. The Gel Bottle is stunning. Builders are fabulous and strong and easy to use. Colour choice is vast and clients are getting 3 weeks out of application.

I've been using the gel bottle for a couple of months I think, I'm noticing a massive difference when I take their nails off no dry ness and nails feel very strong. I have been offering Shellac which I still love but I've hardly touched it since I introduced this clients love the colours. I've had some odd chips but I think that is down to curing issues which I why I'm so tempted to get the new lamp.

One thing I would like to add. I love gel bottle colours and the customer service is great. You also get a lot of product for your money. However for me it hasn't worked out for two reasons.
The large bottles were not 'mobile tech' friendly as they take up so much room and did not fit into my kit. Also I have very tiny nail beds and the generous size brush makes it difficult for me to apply. I am currently sporting the G22 which is a fabulous amethyst diamond glitter polish. It looks fab but was a nightmare to apply and I am not happy with the finished look. It was flooding my cuticle and I had to use the brush sideways on my smallest nails and couldn't get a nice smooth margin. Based on this I am just not confident enough to use it on clients. But for normal or larger sized nails the larger brush would be great.

Do you need to use it with their own base/top coat?

One thing I would like to add. I love gel bottle colours and the customer service is great. You also get a lot of product for your money. However for me it hasn't worked out for two reasons.
The large bottles were not 'mobile tech' friendly as they take up so much room and did not fit into my kit. Also I have very tiny nail beds and the generous size brush makes it difficult for me to apply. I am currently sporting the G22 which is a fabulous amethyst diamond glitter polish. It looks fab but was a nightmare to apply and I am not happy with the finished look. It was flooding my cuticle and I had to use the brush sideways on my smallest nails and couldn't get a nice smooth margin. Based on this I am just not confident enough to use it on clients. But for normal or larger sized nails the larger brush would be great.
I think it does take some getting used to especially when you are used to another product, i struggled with not going as thin, but you do get used to the brushes. I did some tiny short nails yesterday and thought oh no but I was pleased with the out come, at the start I wouldn't have said that!
I use a roo beauty bag I have the new one with cubes in and they fit really well in there. X

Do you need to use it with their own base/top coat?
I do and they recommend you do, but I know others don't do think it can work they just can't guarantee it would be as longer wearing.

I think it does take some getting used to especially when you are used to another product, i struggled with not going as thin, but you do get used to the brushes. I did some tiny short nails yesterday and thought oh no but I was pleased with the out come, at the start I wouldn't have said that!
I use a roo beauty bag I have the new one with cubes in and they fit really well in there. X

Its good to know I am not alone, thank you. I use CND shellac and it is quite different. Especially the diamond one as bits of glitter were migrating into my margins, I flash cured in the end. I use the chroma carriers and the don't fit into it. I think. Will continue to trial it for myself.

What puts me off gel bottle is anyone can and does buy it, not really a brand for nail professionals , I have trialled geleration and have found it disappointing, I am staying with shellac and bio Sculpture

What puts me off gel bottle is anyone can and does buy it, not really a brand for nail professionals , I have trialled geleration and have found it disappointing, I am staying with shellac and bio Sculpture
I thought about this for a long time and it put me off buying for a long time but the reviews eventually made me try it. I don't like it either and would prefer if it was pro only but I think the positives out way that. I love that it been developed by another therapist in Britain and is Vegan [emoji7]

We have clients with tiny nail beds, you just adjust how you paint. Practice makes perfect x

Anyone can buy anything. Amazon and eBay are flooded with fakes and genuine products. It doesn't put me off at all! Everyone can buy football boots, they can't all play like Ronaldo!

I have just placed 1st order of gel bottle after trying generation. I am also not keen on the product being available to all. And the other thing is they use pure acetone to remove & prep. My other brand all supply their own remover which has acetone in it but also a lot of nourishing ingredients therefore so much more kinder to the nail and work in harmony with their products. But scared of using pure acetone.

A friend of mine started her career with GELeration, although, I offered my help with choosing the brand for her, she refused and made the decission her self. I was and still am doing her nails, so within 6 months after she invested in the brand, she started to complain to me about it.. She said that her clients nails never last as long, as the nails I did on her (I use different brand), and she had issues with "crystals" forming in base and top coat, although, she stored the bottles in dark. There were some other problems as well, but I cannot recall them now..
She ended up choosing the brand I suggested and afterwards admitted that working with GELeration was nightmare, as she wasted money and time, as well lost clients.

Latest posts

Back