The 'other' hand

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam.hop

Reaction score
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1403952524.637709.jpg

In the middle of changing my shellac colours, left hand done (I'm right handed) and it looks pretty good - if I say so myself. But after 7 years I still struggle doing my 'other' hand. My left hand just won't co operate. It takes me twice as long and it's only half as good. Any tips ladies?

Thanks x

It always takes me longer but I just go slowly to make sure it's perfect. I make sure my left hand is resting really steadily on the table :)

They look lovely, the only way I got to doing mine at the same(ish) speed as my dominant hand was doing different nail art pretty much 2-3 times a week on my nails. I'm still slower but I think a lot more steady than I once was.

I think I'd rather do a good job slowly than a hashed up job quickly! Xx

Best tip ever- use your left hand first. So paint your right hand. It has something to do with concentration levels and general oomph when we start doing out nails. :) you'll get a better result x

Best tip ever- use your left hand first. So paint your right hand. It has something to do with concentration levels and general oomph when we start doing out nails. :) you'll get a better result x

That's what I do,best advice ever lol

Yep, that's exactly what I'm doing right now! Paint your right hand first x

I agree with the "paint wrong hand first" advice. Saw it on here 6 months ago and have done it ever since

It worked! Thanks for the advice, my "wrong hand" was a lot neater! X

You could always advertise for a nail tech! Lol. I'm rubbish at doing my right hand, so I'll try painting that one first from now on. :)

I was told this by someone on here previously! Fab tip x

Latest posts

Back