Think my brain may actually combust!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metamorfosis

Gel Polish Stylist of the Year 2016
Reaction score
I knew nothing about spray tanning at 9am this morning.

I have been reading, researching and making notes all day, yet now I think I actually know less than I did at 9am.

Is that even possible???

How do you guys research something you want to bring in to your business? Do you research, or just go with recommendations, or just jump in altogether?

Research, get recommendations and try out!! X

I've had about all the research and recommendations I can take for one day haha. I know I want the TS50, just need to find what brand I want to use, and find a great intro kit, shouldn't be too hard... right?!

Oh, and find fab training. All in a day's work eh!

I've had about all the research and recommendations I can take for one day haha. I know I want the TS50, just need to find what brand I want to use, and find a great intro kit, shouldn't be too hard... right?!

I'm afraid I'm only able to research so much then I jump in the deep end.

I really believe in trusting others' experiences when you get to a deadlock. For me, I did some training, read up on a short list of fab tan solutions, then went deal hunting :)

I wanted the TS50 & found an incredible deal with LA tanning. They weren't on my original short list but I thought as I'm starting out I don't think the subtle nuances of tan solution will be that obvious to me, till I get more experience at least. I went on the tanning thread, saw Baggybear's comment that she had done a blind trial and LA Tan came out tops, saw quite a few more geeks' positive comments & I honestly thought, this good enough for me.

They do have some good deals on at the moment xxx

I'm afraid I'm only able to research so much then I jump in the deep end.

I really believe in trusting others' experiences when you get to a deadlock. For me, I did some training, read up on a short list of fab tan solutions, then went deal hunting :)

I wanted the TS50 & found an incredible deal with LA tanning. They weren't on my original short list but I thought as I'm starting out I don't think the subtle nuances of tan solution will be that obvious to me, till I get more experience at least. I went on the tanning thread, saw Baggybear's comment that she had done a blind trial and LA Tan came out tops, saw quite a few more geeks' positive comments & I honestly thought, this good enough for me.

They do have some good deals on at the moment xxx

I did exactly the same with LA Tan just a few fab recommendations from salon geek and never looked back :)

Just looked at the website, and there's a fantastic offer on actually (well, I think so!!) I might just get that and then search out the training, don;t really fancy online training that's advertised on there!!

No I'd definatly go for the proper training, I personally went with a company not too far away, which is a well known brand and bought their kit... And did lots of practising! Any problems with solutions or kit they aren't too far to go to if I need to :)

Personally I had afew tans done before to get an idea of what brands I liked, and seen what/how others were doing the treatment and the pricing of different places.

Just go for it :) xx

Yeah it's a great offer isn't it!! I trained elsewhere too & it was fab I can still ask them questions & la tan questions about their solution!

Only reason I didn't go with my original training company was the la tan deal was so good but I think I'll try their solution too someday xx

Latest posts

Back