Thinking about doing a leaflet drop to promote hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmLou3003

Reaction score
Hi all,

Have any of you had experience in doing a leaflet drop to promote your business, mainly hair extensions? Has it worked for you?

I am thinking about having a flyer created, A5, quite smart, maybe on card, with my contact information and a few pictures of my work and attach a business card to it, to drive bit more business through. Possibly about 500 leaflets/flyers.

I am a little busy at the minute, but I would like to get busier. I seem to go through stages, for example the next two weeks I have 3 refits and 3 consultations, but then 3 weeks will pass and I will get just enquiries with no consultations, I would just like things to get a bit more regular. I understand it takes time, and i have only been doing hair extensions since September - so far I have done 9 ladies hair extensions, one decided it was too much maintenance, one had a reaction and took them out, one went elsewhere closer, another wont return my efforts of trying to book her back in for a refit and another lady just hasn't spoken to me at all since i did them! So that's 5 out of 9 that i don't really have as clients any more!

I have a full time job as well, but hopefully in time, would like to do hair extensions as my main job.

I do have business cards, Instagram, twitter, facebook – and I do promote my business via my facebook page.

Its a really slow start when you're freelance. I think leaflets and business cards are a great idea!

You will get business though eventually so don't worry.

Be aware the expected response from a leaflet drop is something like less than 1% and 500 is quite a small amount to be putting out, you might find a different option is better for your business.

Think about your street as an example....how many houses? - lets say 100
Of those 100 how many are women? - lets say 50% so 50
Of those 50 how many have/want hair extensions? 1 maybe? (I have over 100 nail clients on my books, 1 of them has used hair extensions in the past but not anymore so I can only use that as my guide)

Thats if you manage to hit the right street, the right house, the right person at the right time and you need somewhere that has the right kind of clients you are looking for. No point in putting them through my street for instance, I live in a cul-de-sac mainly occupied by those aged between 35-OAP, so there is 50 wasted for a start.

You might be better handing them out somewhere like your nearest shopping centre, or clubbing area focusing on the actual clients you want. Leave some at the local college restaurant or pub/coffee shop hangout. You can specifically target those who are likely to use your service rather than just adding to the paper recycling bin.

Better to put 500 in the right hands than straight in the recycling bin

As you are trying to reach a very specific target market you could perhaps make better use of the demographic selection when you boost a post on Facebook .
Target the close towns your clients come from and also select female gender only. Then select interests such as hair extensions to really hit the ladies who are likely to book.

As you are trying to reach a very specific target market you could perhaps make better use of the demographic selection when you boost a post on Facebook .
Target the close towns your clients come from and also select female gender only. Then select interests such as hair extensions to really hit the ladies who are likely to book.
I have used the boost post on facebook before and do where i live and surrounding, i do get quite a few enquiries and more likes to my page which is good as it means they see my posts. I didnt realise you could select 'interests' too. x

Latest posts

Back