Thinking about giving up? Mobile 'therapists'

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You need to get the upper hand - excuse the pun! What are the others NOT offering that you can - you may need extra training but it will be worth it - believe in your work and your customers WILL return - those in it for the quick buck dont last the distance and it shows in their work.

Believe in yourself you have worked too damn hard to give up and walk away and admit defeat!!
xxx

I want to rant too - everyone is doing nails, tans, eyelashes (clusters/strips) hair extensions, flippin cupcakes, cakes, etc etc

Good for them! But it does get me angry when my friends offer cheap nails after doing a one day course :/ She even does the first set for free... x

Hi,

Thanks for all your replies. When I did take up tanning I was one of the first in my area so I did fantasically, since then theres so many 'Mobile Spray Therapists' that compared to my first year I havent done as well at all.
It does annoy me that these randomers are having the training and then they steal your clients with cheap as chips prices. I can guarantee they dont have a clue about skin conditions and what you can and cant spray over. I know they teach this in some spray tan training but in mine they only taught a few skin conditions when there are so many out there!
If it does come back I will be glad, hopefully all the people doing it just for the money will be gone by then. When I started getting competition I didnt mind so much as I thought 'my tans are of great quality so I wont lose clients' I havent lost my regulars but in this day and age people will always want to go somewhere cheaper regardless of how they end up looking!
I definitely think Im losing out with not doing nail enhancements which is now why im looking into training. I love doing beauty and i would hate to give it up which is why I will broaden the services I offer. Its just a bit worrying seeing how much my business has been effected by these people and it makes me angry x

Latest posts

Back