Thinking of a huge change!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HannahJane90

Hannah Butland
Reaction score
Just wanted someone's advice as sometimes I feel I need back up in making certain decisions. I work alone so I don't really have anyone to talk to in this field...

I am really struggling with massages now, I think I have started to get RSI and I get severe cramping and aches in my wrists and thumbs. I have also had to have surgery on one thumb because I sliced my ligament (long story) anyway I am worried that if I continue, I could jeopardise my entire career.

The most popular treatment I do is Shellac and I absolutely LOVE it. Nails is by far my favourite treatment to do! So I am thinking, quit massage before I do serious damage and focus more on nails. So go into doing extensions. Would any of you say that its a good idea as I am busiest with Shellac? Of course I would do all my training with CND because I absolutely love them.

Any feedback would be great. I would like to go more salon than spa as waxing, brows and makeup is also popular with me!

Many thanks!

H x

Why don't you just drop it off your website /pricelists and see what happens? Then you haven't quit it for good and can always do the odd client to keep the diary full.
I'm sure if you have a passion for nails..those are the clients that will walk through the door and in no time you'd be able to make the change permanently.

Very good point... Its hard to please everybody. I don't mind doing the off client who will only come to me for massage!

It's hard to imagine the impact, I guess I will just have to wait and see!

H x

I'm the same due to wrist injury I can't put too much pressure on during massage and now avoid massage like the plague as in in pain afterwards! I can cope with a back massage but full body I know I'll regret after. I have dropped full body off my new menu as massage isn't one of my popular treatments. I can see in the future I will be dropping massage off completely (unless I employ another therapist) as I now have pain in one of my fingers which I think is RSI from doing nails for years, so I'm thinking of using an efile during nail services to combat this. Go with your gut instinct as its not worth it getting worse x

Latest posts

Back