Thinking of being a trainer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikki201

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,
Do any of you know what qualifications you need to do your own training courses? I was interested in doing lecturing but I think this May be better. I have the premises which I run a salon from already. Any other info or advise would be much appreciated thanks xx

Depends on what sort of training you wish to offer. Can you be a bit more specific?

For instance, are you looking to offer training in a particular product? Do you want to run a course that is part of a nationally recognised award such as City & Guilds?

Hi AcidPerm,

Thanks for replying to me, I really don't know as I've never done anything like this before. I have been on a few beauty courses recently and I feel the training was mediocre. I felt like they have just taken my money and gave me the least time possible. I know a lot of learning is to get out there and practice on clients, but for instance, I did a threading course, all I was shown was the technique of removing the hair with the thread. There was no advice on how to shape the brow. I had to figure this out myself by looking on youtube etc. I feel I could have done it better and I thought I would look into what's involved.

So basically I need advice on what courses I need to go on to get the skills to become a trainer and plan and deliver a good training course. One that was approved by beauty insurers. I thought I could possibly work for a company like fake bake and train people how to spray tan etc. Or do you know if there are companies who make tan and let you use your own branding so I could train in my own right? I am trained in almost every beauty treatment going, I have lots of different skills so it wouldn't just be tanning I would be interested in. Sorry for the book!

Thanks,
Nicola

Latest posts

Back