Thoughts on 'Remy' hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gie!

Reaction score
I am more of a hair dunce than geek but am wanting some hair extensions done for my mum's wedding. My hair dresser friend is doing them, but i'm getting them. Any feedback on 'Remy'? Thanks for any help

Remy is the combings of people's hair. Often harvested by people picking over rubbish dumps in India. It used to be a cottage industry in Italy at one time.

The hair is hackled out, then dipped in a chemical that dissolves the cuticle of the hair. This means there is no need for it to be root point correct, as hackled out hair cannot possibly be.

Generally it is then coated in silicon, to make the hair appear silky.

As there is no cuticle, this hair is not great for ext as it tends to shed a lot more than cuticle correct hair.

Hi gie, Remy is just a word used by french wig makers a long time ago
it means to put back in the same way,
Remy is just a word , and this word 'Remy' is commonly used to con people to make them think the hair is good , when the hair is not good at all
its usually turned around muddled and coated , just like presianista says take look at the recent threads to see more about hair extensions and the importance of buying good hair :)

http://www.salongeek.com/hair-geek/109863-advice-needed-about-extensions.html

hth minky :)

Latest posts

Back