Thoughts on Wahanda

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hair1986

Reaction score
Anyone had any experience with this? From what I have briefly read and understand they allow clients to book via their website and take 20% of the booking.

Anyone recommend them or is it a waste of time?

I'm a new business and personally I have not had a single booking through them. Have been on the site since before christmas.

I think a few of the other geeks on here may have though!

It costs nothing to be on their site, its when a client books that they take a cut. So i guess this depends on you?

x

Iv had 4 bookings from them since begining of last year, 2 from the first couple of months when they listed me on lastminute and 2 from people just browsing. The 20% they take obviously is a huge chunk but they see it as we are giving 20% discount xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've been using last minute.com for 4 years which is now run by wahanda, it's not been as good for us since wahanda took over but we get a steady flow of bookings and you can still make money unlike sites like groupon etc.

Do you need to add bank details as it's asking for mine? Is this safe?

Do you need to add bank details as it's asking for mine? Is this safe?

Yes, it is safe. You need your bank account details in order to be able to receive money from any appointments or vouchers sold.

Thanks, I wasn't sure x

I got an appointment booked though them but how do I know they have paid lol? She said she doesn't have a voucher number x

You need to log in to it and confirm
The appointment you can then see if they have already paid or have a voucher x

You need to log in to it and confirm
The appointment you can then see if they have already paid or have a voucher x

Ahh thank you so it does!!
Op I'll let you know if I get repeat bookings from the client x

Anyone had any experience with this? From what I have briefly read and understand they allow clients to book via their website and take 20% of the booking.

Anyone recommend them or is it a waste of time?

Hello,
I'm a part-time Beauty therapist and have used them for several months. You can have an unpaid advert where they charge only commission on bookings. The client can book an appointment/ buy an evoucher or a Wahanda voucher. With an appointment, the client books a slot on your calendar so you must keep it up to date. You get an email/text asking you to confirm it. The client always pay Wahanda, when you do the appointment, you log in and click ''complete'' then you will get paid by Wahanda into your bank account 2 weeks later. If the client buys an evoucher, he/she pays for it but rings you up to book the appointment and brings in the voucher so you can redeem it using the code on the website (check first to make sure it's valid). If the client buys a Wahanda voucher (£25, £50 or £100) then they can redeem it at any salon who accepts them, then you post the voucher to Wahanda to get paid. Wahanda charges 20% commission + VAT so roughly 25% of the price. If you choose premium membership, they charge you a monthly fee which is deducted from your earnings, and your ad is more visible.

The good thing is that you can fill empty slots in your day, but you will get a lot of one timers who just go for next best deal. You may get a couple of repeat clients but mostly, even if they raved about my service, they only turn up once or infrequently. But I'm in London where there are hundreds of salons so it may depend on your area. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back