Tigi vs Matrix?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deebee1988

Reaction score
Hi all
The girls in the salon i work in are interested in the tigi colours range but we are currently using matrix (which iv never been keen on)
Can salon geeks give me some pro and cons between the two please!!
Any advice would be great!!
Thansk dee xxx

Hi all
The girls in the salon i work in are interested in the tigi colours range but we are currently using matrix (which iv never been keen on)
Can salon geeks give me some pro and cons between the two please!!
Any advice would be great!!
Thansk dee xxx

Ok grab a brew and sit down

TIGI
60ml tubes
84 shades in total which decreased stock hold/wastage
Fully intermixable which allows for total creativity! 100% grey coverage upto base 8
Beeswax base, fantastic shine, very minimal fade meaning colour refresh is minimal! Always a colour deal on meaning increased profits! Tons of FREE training whenever you like to get the salon buzzing.... The whole range is geared to client and stylist satisfaction! Oh and you get loads of free stuff, pos shade guide, new tufts for shades when they are released unlike matrix when you have to buy a package!
Minimal/ no staining on scalp unless your doing a dark but use done creative clean and it comes off!
3 selected shades that lift and shift colour!
Opening packages are extremely good value!

thanks bluerinse. do you recommend it then over matrix xx

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

thanks bluerinse. do you recommend it then over matrix xx

My clients prefer their colouring experience now...There hair is healthier, and so is my bank! lol Smell is one other main thing with TIGI it's not a chemical smell! Unfortunately matrix over the lay 3 years has changed dramatically and not for the better!

Thats good i do find sometimes matrix doesn't make the hair terribly shiny like it use too!! We just have to convience our boss lol! We also do shampoo/conditioners in matrix but find they make my hair very greasy by the next day and several clients have said that it makes their head itch a couple hours after use. The product is being washed out fully. We just to do tigi products and LOVED them xxx

I'm having Tigi demo in 2 weeks time are you using Tigi now are you happy with it.we use Loreal and have done for the last eight years so very nervous about changing..can u give any advise.

no sweet we are currently using matrix but we are finding colours arent taking properly or doing what they are suppose to do. seen so many people talking about and changing to tigi was interested in what people thought of it. we have only been matrix for about a year and are fed up with it akready lol. let me know how you tigi meeting goes would be interested in what they say and offer xxx

I agree with your comment about Matrix shampoos and conditioners making you itch. We use it in college and every time I get my hair washed my scalp itches and think I've got a rash coming up! I find it really harsh on the skin as well.

Know nothing about Tigi I'm afraid but. Will definitely not use matrix when I qualify!

lol bless ya! the thing is matrix use to ve ok but seems they have messed around with ingredients cause find colours fade quick too. xx

I'm having Tigi demo in 2 weeks time are you using Tigi now are you happy with it.we use Loreal and have done for the last eight years so very nervous about changing..can u give any advise.

I've got it, had it since June and love it!!

ive always been l'oreal, so when i changed to matrix it was really hard to get used to. Ive go all my staff up to date on happy hours and training. We're a matrix salon so we get free education pretty much all year round, some courses we pay for, but otherwise i cant fault it much.
Cons
Ive never been keen on the high lifts, the extra coverage range i always found to be too dark. The vibrant the reds the more fade off, unless used with correct aftercare shampoo etc. Some colours are harder to create, make bespoke-this is proberly where tigi win in terms of intermixing unlimted colour!

Pros
Free education, better understanding of using matrix colour, happy hours helped me know what i was doing wrong. Staff found that they we'rent the only ones getting to grips with using matrix. Using vibrant reds formulas has helped understand why the fade off is thre in their shades.
colourgraphics is amazing! colourinsider is so silky and soft.

On the flip side; its all trial and error, and we all favor brands that are easier and we know that work. But its also down to the end user. Hey ho im a happy bunny so are my clients! xoxo

Well I've just changed my salon to Tigi. Had my demo day on Wednesday and made my order.
I'm excited to get started with it.
I feel it's geared towards the stylist with there website showing loads of different colours that are intermixed and actually giving the colours on how to achieve this.
I'm currently Clynol and Loreal and my main reason for changing has been with Clynol I don't feel the coverage is great and not able to mix the shades from there different ranges.
Loreal I haven't had a rep in 2 years so all the changes are happening and I'm not knowing about them.
I like the free support and education tigi are promising and all in all looking forward to the changeover

Well I've just changed my salon to Tigi. Had my demo day on Wednesday and made my order.
I'm excited to get started with it.
I feel it's geared towards the stylist with there website showing loads of different colours that are intermixed and actually giving the colours on how to achieve this.
I'm currently Clynol and Loreal and my main reason for changing has been with Clynol I don't feel the coverage is great and not able to mix the shades from there different ranges.
Loreal I haven't had a rep in 2 years so all the changes are happening and I'm not knowing about them.
I like the free support and education tigi are promising and all in all looking forward to the changeover

If you need help don't be afraid to ask! You'll love it! X

Thank you bluerinse. I'm hoping the colour is going to arrive tomorrow so I can start playing :)
X

Thank you bluerinse. I'm hoping the colour is going to arrive tomorrow so I can start playing :)
X

Normally of you order before 12 it's with you next day :) I'm able to read and reply if you want my email address ? I've had An amazing colout day playing and I've had it since June!

Thank you all for your advise its very very helpful. We will have to convince our boss now lol!! Matrix is a good colour but not as good as we would like it. I agree with you saying about the grey coverage always coming out too dark had several complaints about that lol!! But they fade quick so client happy with in a couple days but still irritates me as i like my clients happy there and then as we all do. Thanks again everyone any more advise would be great. Xxx

Hi bluerinse,
That would be great if you don't mind pm' ing your email address.
It got ordered weds afternoon so am assuming today :)
X

I used to use matrix. I changed to tigi colours 3months ago and the reds are amazing and they last so much longer. I found with matrix colours it wasn't covering grey any more. I can't fault the tigi colours.

I used to use matrix. I changed to tigi colours 3months ago and the reds are amazing and they last so much longer. I found with matrix colours it wasn't covering grey any more. I can't fault the tigi colours.

Arent they just pure amazing!!

I used to shy away from colouring I hated it so much I hired a colour tech we were previously a loreal salon then switched to tigi.

Since then I've flipped the switch and I love colour so much I've changed things round in my salon and I'm now colouring again !!! Since we changed 4 months ago my colour business has grown by 18% and we are now the regional colour salon for tigi I've been to London twice to the academy and due to go again in the next few months.

The smell the shine the endless palette of colours you can create its pure genius !!!! X

Latest posts

Back