Till/payment systems?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Princessariel

Reaction score
I am helping a friend open up a new salon and was just wondering what type of payment or till system people use? Hoping for something to use an iPad with.

Do you want a till system or a booking system?

We use salon iris which is a calendar booking system that can be used on a laptop or ipad I think.

Our system issues receipts and automatically texts the client their next appt and a reminder a day or two before. We have a card machine separately and we tally up salon iris retail sales, card sales, cash sales treatments etc at the end of the day.

Vic x

Sent from my SM-N910F using SalonGeek mobile app

Ovatu can be used on iPad & PC/ laptop, there are others but this is the only app style one I have experience with, it can be used with till drawer & thermal receipt printer, on your iPad/ iPhone, it does everything & more sending out email confirmations & text remainder to clients, reports, email marketing, online booking etc. £15 per month for one therapist or you can speak to them if you need more. Only downside is you don't "own" the software as it's an app. I looked at salon iris but decided to use Ovatu to see if I found the booking system better than paper lol and the answer is yes!

If your not bothered about cost go with phorest they are great, will give you till drawer PC etc and you can put the app on your iPad and use that instead of the main PC so you can use it anywhere

For more budget conscious download salon lite. It's free unless you want to use all the stock control, reporting texts emails etc then there's either a fee for texts or a monthly fee to use reporting and stock control, because it's all based online you can access it on mobile iPad and desktop all at the same time, we used it whilst we were first setting up the salon before needing something more hardcore fully functional with till drawers and receipts etc haha x

Hi Guys

I've been reading this thread and thought I'd pop a little post on to see if we can help in any way.

At Ovatu we try to over come both of these issues and more, we offer a free 30 day trial with no upfront costs and no card details required, so if you don't like the software you don't have to use it or live in fear that we have any of your payment details.

We offer free support and training to all UK & Ireland customers, we also support, IOS, android web application, the software is fully cloud based so you can log into it from anywhere at any time.

There is no limit to the number of devices you can operate on the software, as all of our pricing is based on the number of staff that you employ.

The software starts as low as £15 per month and we aim to do all we can to help you get things setup and running as smoothly as possible, what's more were not a company that just works 9 - 5 and makes you log a support ticket before we speak to you, you can call within reason all day no matter how small or large your query is.

Also when running the software on any IOS device should your internet connection ever go down you have the peace of mind that the app will continue to run and once you are back online the app will then sync all of your data back to your cloud server.

Ovatu has also got the ability to accept online bookings live with your own diary and will notify you when a new booking arrives, from the online bookings platform you can also accept deposits and payments.

Take a look, the web address is Ovatu Manager - Home the software is also available for download at the app store and android play store, and if you have any questions you are more than welcome to call our offices on 01604 238808 where we are always happy to help.

Hi just seen your post I use Hive salon software they are based in Ireland not sure if they have launched in the uk yet. They are fully cloud based so you can use it on any device, I use it on my own laptop you can connect your laptop to a small printer and cash drawer if required. It has over 15 modules like diary, SMS, e mail messaging, online booking widgets for FB and your own website and lots more. Iv used Phorest, salon genius and shortcuts in previous jobs but I personally find Hive to be out on its own compared to the others.

Latest posts

Back