Tint disclaimer form?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sammy22

Reaction score
In my last job which is in a leading department store we were told that if a customer filled out and signed a form saying they were happy to go ahead with a brow/lash tint without a patch test we could go ahead and carry it out there and then.

It was a lot easier to carry out treatments this way but ive not heard of anyone else carrying this out.

I'm opening my own business soon but don't want to do anything wrong.

If anyone can shed any light on when this would be permissible that would be fab

Thank you

In my last job which is in a leading department store we were told that if a customer filled out and signed a form saying they were happy to go ahead with a brow/lash tint without a patch test we could go ahead and carry it out there and then.

It was a lot easier to carry out treatments this way but ive not heard of anyone else carrying this out.

I'm opening my own business soon but don't want to do anything wrong.

If anyone can shed any light on when this would be permissible that would be fab

Thank you
I would never do it without a patch test. I know my insurance wouldn't allow it but in any case why risk it? In fact I have to regularly re-test people to ensure they don't become allergic. And they have to sign separately that they had the test from me. Hope that helps.

Not worth the risk! £10 tint to be sued and your reputation gone if they had a reaction and Pursued a claim [emoji15]

Just don't do it without a patch test.

You're basically saying to your client "I know doing this without a patch test could potentially cause you serious damage, but I'm happy to go ahead anyway".

This is from BABTAC...

"Legal advice states that if you agree with a client to circumvent any warranted procedure (e.g. if a client refuses a patch test and you then carry out a treatment that requires a patch test) even if the client signs a consent form, courts will usually award damages against you in any claim then made. The legal principal is that if a professionally qualified person acts unprofessionally in doing a procedure which is against good practice, then it is an unfair contract for the client to sign a disclaimer form".

I completely agree with you all, but now wondering how a well known brand is able to get away with it!

Will ensure I carry out the correct practice myself thanks everyone xx

Latest posts

Back