Tint mixing help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chloe Murphy

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Some advice please - I've got a client tomorrow that that wants a light/medium brown colour to cover her blonde that's been coming through from a previous hairdresser. My friend who's a hairdresser has told me the 2 colours to buy to mix together to make the right colour as I'm new to colour still. She doesn't measure any of her colours and I'm abit confused of the measurements to use as she's told me to just put both the tubes in and add peroxide but I've been taught on the 40/40 ratio - can someone please clarify for me? Really would appreciate xx

If you're colouring over blonde, you'll need to pre-pig first.
Also, not accurately measuring your colour or developer is a bad habit to get into and isn't very professional.
Mixing ratios depends on the products and the technique you're using. Refer to your manufacturers handbook for mixing info. (Most are online these days)

What colours are they- you don’t always need to PP- I rarely do and I reach out for certain colours that are designed for covering blonde. What colours in what range did you get?

Wat colour do you get if I mix a 5.0 with a 6.4 ? Run out of 6.4 so I thought I would mix the 2 together ?

Wat colour do you get if I mix a 5.0 with a 6.4 ? Run out of 6.4 so I thought I would mix the 2 together ?
?? Are you a hairdresser?

Echo what’s said above .... this is a worrying question.

Latest posts

Back