Tiny salon what do you think

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speake 485

Reaction score
Hey guys sorry i keep posting lots of threads But im finding all your advice really good.
ok i currently work part time in retail and have been offered part time work in a local salon that is just opening.
I have been trained for just over 3 years but have only done mobile work so am looking forward to being chucked in the deep end.
My only worry is the salon is half commission half wages ie £5 an hour 20 % commission on ever client. ( amounts havent been confirmed as of yet)
But my only worry is its a new salon with no clientel with all other therapist being commssion based only. No one is buying or renting the nail bars. Im the only beautician working there. So i do think ill have quite a few more clients than the nail people as i will be doing both nails and beauty. But baring in mind im only 3 days Im just worried about how well a salon can do so early on as it is so tiny.. Am i just being silly worrying over nothing. Its just i have a morgage to pay and think if clients arent coming in i wont earn extra with the commission and my basic pay will be very small as its low without clients
hope this makes sense just wanting to see if you geeks think i should go for it. Or just find a business that is already established and up and running?:confused:

Hmm. Could you keep your pt retail job as well as start your pt salon job? Would the retail job let you change your hours to suit your new salon hours?

Or could you still work mobile as well as in the salon as they are your clients? I'm imagining not all of your mobile clients would wish to come to a salon because they liked you coming to them, that's why they liked you being mobile?

Just some ideas hun. I think having a basic wage on top of commission is good because you at least know you're going to be taking something home.

You might be able to get the wage topped up with tax credits so you're not losing out?

xx

Latest posts

Back