TIP: Adding dimension to your highlight clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamlea87

Reaction score
Just wanted to share some tips with you guys, that I learnt from some of my favourite colourists! :D

I have found my colouring becoming fluid and using more balayage and ombre-inspired techniques. Here is a great way to add lowlights to highlighted hair:
☆ Vary your lowlight formula along the hair shaft. For example if the natural level was a 7, with level 9 highlights - you could lowlight with a level 7 at the top of the lowlight, blend into a level 8 matching tone through the midshaft and maybe evan leave the ends out. The result is natural looking lowlights without any stripes!

☆ Another tip is to apply a deeper/ natural toner to the root area on wet hair after highlighting. This gives the highlights a more lived in, rooty feel.

☆ I am also really enjoying mixing up foil highlights with balayage inbetween. A really good way to add more "summer" feeling to your regular foils.

Little details like this help me keep my work fresh and keep me loving colour :)

Hope everyone has a great weekend enjoying the sun and I look forward to hearing your colour tips & tricks xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Love this!

We've just learnt some more 'hair painting' techniques. We offer hair painting in combination with a classic foiling, creating blonde build up on ends really. I've been hair painting all week!

Hair painting is the way forward!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Can you tell me what balayage is??!! I've read loads about it but none of my clients have mentioned it and I'm keen to know more, I'm guessing it's a technique and a different result is achieved?? I'd live to try hair painting too, from the you tube vid it looks like the roots are missed out?? X

Just looked at a few vids, if forgotten about using meche, my clients tend to prefer foils as It gets closer to the root, just need a client now that will let me loose on her!!

Thank you Adam and Colourgirly - great info x

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back