Tip and Resin Sysytem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cathie!

Reaction score
I have had a few client talk to me about enhancements that they have had a a city centre salon, which I never learned about at college and I've never heard discussed on this site.

It's called tip and resin.

What I can gather is the the tip is applied...not blended and then resin is applied and activated in several layers. No fibreglass or silk is used.

Can anyone tell me more about this system?

Does anyone use this system?

Just interested to know more about it. My gut reaction is to say that it doesn't sound right???

Look forward to hearing from you.

Its not Backscratcher extreme is it.

That is an acrylic dipping system

they sell an acrylic dipping system for public use in a NSS near me!! even more messed up nails for me to put right! makes me laugh, we retail solar oil and enamel to clients, they retail do-it-yourself acrylic!

No. definately no dipping, just resin and activator and it's not an NSS, it's a 'reputable' salon.

Its not like the cool set gel from millennium which is a gel and brush on activator.

Sorry I look at every system and can't think of anything else.

Hi ya,
I some times use this method, but i blend the tip then apply 4-5 layers of resin. I only do it on my self for quickness or if the client only wants them for a few days, or on a photo shoot where time is limited, because without the fibre glass there not flexible so if whack them they tend to snap off.

x galaxy x

I think these are along the lines of weekend nails - not meant for long term.

Not gel as no lamp is used. It is sold as an enhancement that will last up to 3 weeks and they charge £40+ for it depending on whether you get the senior tech or the junior.

The cool set gel does not need a lamp.

But just a thought I once did Backscratcher Extreme on a blind person and because she could not see I used a little pipette that they provide with the kit so that you do not have to dip.

Otherwise perhaps its just resin without fibreglass or silk.

Hi Cathie - your question reminds me of a thread that came up a while back when tip and resin was mentioned - this wouldn't be the same franchise your client was talking about would it?

sweetkoala said:
Hi, just to clear something up because i have had a message warning me that i sound as though i am not actually training, i just thought i would post a thread with the salon website on it: http://www.nailcraft.co.uk

the method i need help with is this

Semi-Permanent Tips and Resin
These tips are very natural in appearance with a choice of either clear tips or French polish look tips. These tips last between 2 and 3 weeks and allow the natural nail to grow underneath.
(French polish application an extra £6.50)
Single Tip and resin Technician £2.75
Senior Technician £3.05
Technician:£27.50 - Snr Technician:£30.50

this is direct from the price list.

Many thanks
Here is the original thread

Yes, Holly you are right ... it is this salon ... and I am so glad my instincts were correct.

It just did not feel right at all. My client said that she went in to the salon, not knowing anything about nails they asked her if she wanted tip and resin, so she said yes as she didn't know what she was in for!! She got tips...not blended and resin ...with a lot of spray (her words) which felt hot (her words).

I always say to my clients who have had this service that I have never heard of it ...apart from at this particular salon.

I felt it didn't sit right.

I think the final post of the person on the thread you directed me too says it all.

Thanks for clarifying my fears. The lady I saw today ended up in A&E as a result of this service...and that's another story!!!

I guess in an obtuse kind of way I have gained business from them

Latest posts

Back