Tip Shaping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deena

Reaction score
I am becoming increasing dissatisfied with tipping in terms of the amount of messing about I seem to have to do in order to avoid what I think of as a set of 'Box' nails. :irked:

That being the case, what do people do to avoid this? Do you shape them immediately you've tipped or wait until product is applied and, if the former, do you just use a file? I am gradually trying to move over to sculpting in order to achieve a better shape <amongst other things>, but tips have their place, too, I know.

It is when I look down at nails from the wearer's point of view that I really don't like what I see and I've even resorted to turning other peoples' photos round to see if they're the same!

I am well aware of how to shape an almond or round nail, although it's time consuming to do it once product is in place but it doesn't appear to be that efficient on the actual tip, at least for me! :irked:

Hope people can appreciate what I mean by a set of boxes on the ends of their fingers and can give me some advice, please, or am I simply not liking square nails and maybe length <or lack of it> is responsible for the way they look? :hug:

Hello

I am not 100% sure I get what you mean if I am honest. I think maybe you are talking about the square look?

I personally roughly shape the nails prior to acrylic / gel application, the reason I do this is so my client can check the length before I apply the product, it avoids extra filing if they decide they are too long once shaped. Once th acrylic is applied I then shape properly. I use deep smile line tips when using white ones so have never really got the box effect.

Maybe if you have a pic I would understand better... Sorry if I am way off with my assumption of what you mean x

Latest posts

Back