Tips/ Advice for Interview & Trade Test

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miss_hkrs

Reaction score
Evening all,

I have an interview on Friday for a local members club. They are aware that i am newly qualified in NVQ 2 & NVQ 3 and am willing to work either part-time/ full-time.

I have 5+ year of experience in office/reception work and over 1+years experience in retail and had a couple of weeks work experience working in a salon on reception. I finally retrained over the last year so am hoping my other experiences will have a slight edge.

Can you give me any tips/ advice for the interview and trade test?

Thanks

Really goodarticle Kelly.
I normally get therapists to do a half leg wax, a bit of massage, and paint one hand french, one hand red.

Great article thank-you.

I find i mainly struggle doing nail varnish, i've practiced endlessly on myself and my housemate (she's a biter) so it's not been great. Im ok with one colour its the French i always fall down on.

Hopefully get some practice in today but any tips of painting would be great i normally paint in 3 lines as thats how i was taught.

I also have a trade test tomorrow. I am already stressing out because I will have to paint nails. I have been practising lots and I am not bad at it, but I know my hands will shake and the end result will probably be not as good as it could be. I think it's a confidence thing. Has anyone got any tips ?
miss_hkrs - good luck tomorrow!

Good Luck Andrea for tomorrow! Fingers crossed for us both! Could do with some good news now.

Great article Kelly! Agreed, when trade testing the key points I look for initially is appearance, how many times hands are washed during trade test, testing wax yourself first, asking if pressure in massage is ok, basically all the things u would do for a client. Relax and enjoy it is the most important thing, don't panic if u mess up, keep calm and carry on! Good luck girls.xx

I also have a trade test tomorrow. I am already stressing out because I will have to paint nails. I have been practising lots and I am not bad at it, but I know my hands will shake and the end result will probably be not as good as it could be. I think it's a confidence thing. Has anyone got any tips ?
miss_hkrs - good luck tomorrow!

Tips for trade test nail painting-the employer will expect you to be nervous so don't worry if you are a bit shaky, just hold the clients fingers with confidence, have a check you have polished the whole nail before u move to the next one if u miss a bit go back over it then continue the rest of the hand. Check the depth of colour is even on all nails and if not apply another coat. Good luck!xx

Thanks! great advice!

I've got to leave 3 hours early for my interview today as its ladies day nearby :(

I'll let you know how i get on later!

Im back only had interview today i think it went well. Not sure though... i made the manager laugh and answered all the questions well i think. I really hope i get invited back as the place was AMAZING!

That's great! Glad you enjoyed it and feel you did your best, that all anyone can do. Fingers crossed for you!xx

wahoooooo i got the job start in 2 weeks!

Well done, congratulations x:biggrin:x

Latest posts

Back