Tips from services performed?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NailtechJoe

IN:@thenailmaestro
Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I've been asking myself this question. If you get tipped for your work done in manicures (gels, extension, etc), say £2 to £5 - sometimes £10, is that a sign that they are happy with your work? What are your experiences?

Cheers.

Last edited:
I would say so. I would imagine most people who aren't happy wouldn't part with extra cash:)

I would say so. I would imagine most people who aren't happy wouldn't part with extra cash:)

Does it necessarily mean that they would come back?

Well i don't think it is possible to say that about anyone weather they tipped or not but most people who have tipped me come back. I guess you have to ask yourself would you pay someone who did a rubbish job extra money then just not come back?...i wouldn't...in fact if i was that unhappy i would be the first one to complain asking for a refund or the problem rectifying and depending on the problem and how it was handled would determine if i would come back or not. I certainly would never tip anyone who did a poor job, had a poor attitude or anything else negative. I don't personally know anyone who would either so my general experience is people who tip are most often happy though obviously this is not going to be the case in 100% of cases and i appreciate everyone is different. There is also the issue in our industry that they may be thinking 'wow' when they have them done, tip with every intention of coming back then find issues with staying power or some other potential problem that may only be evident later - not saying you are having that problem OP, just that it is a potential in this industry as a reason why someone might tip but still not return. There's lots of factors to take into consideration but generally if someone tipped me i would be thinking brill, happy people:)

I guess you have to ask yourself would you pay someone who did a rubbish job extra money then just not come back?...i wouldn't...in fact if i was that unhappy i would be the first one to complain asking for a refund or the problem rectifying and depending on the problem and how it was handled would determine if i would come back or not.

That is a good point.

Yeah i thinkk between us we have looked at some pros and cons of each and so hopefully our comments will help others who may have the same question as OP..good work from us both:) thumbs up!

Latest posts

Back