Tips needed on cleaning hair extensions clamp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

janie6777

Reaction score
Hi, anyone got any tips on how best to clean hair extension clamp of old glue?
Tried wiping with cloth whilst still warm and now it's hairy!
In a right mess now, how do you clean yours? Thanks

When it's hot, I scrape it off. You can use anything old that wont scratch them or melt! I actually think last time I did this, I was pre tipping hair in my garden and the glue was collecting underneath, so I used a flat stone to scrape it off, worked a treat! Lol. Obviously not the correct way to do it but no other way worked for me! X

But that was for only round the outside, for the inside, I clamped the heat connectors round an old rag and pulled the rag through several times and it got rid of the glue. Obv just don't use really fluffy rags! Xx

Best way I clean mine is heat it up and then with an old pair of silicone finger pads I manage to get in all the grooved with my fingers and the protectors save my fingers from getting burned, I also clean my adhesive gun same way.

Hi, Thanks for your replies. Will try your methods. Want to do some shrinkies but need a clean clamp! and don't want glue on them.

Latest posts

Back