Tips on doing volume lashes on yourself?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roxy89

Reaction score
Does anybody do volume lashes on themselves? Any tips?

My biggest tip would be...
DONT!!
You won't be able to isolate properly for a start so will damage your lashes.
Find another lash tech and trade swap x

I agree don't. I can manage clusters on myself but not individuals x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Wish I could!! They're so lovely, but I'd never attempt them or even a classic set on myself x

Hmm! . . I can't imagine how it would be even possible to do this. . I think, at best you'd have a mess and certainly run the risk of damage from attempting it. . please don't try. . I think you have a better chance of success doing your own liver transplant.:eek:

Last edited:
I agree I have often wished I could do it on myself but think its just impossible I don't know if I could even get my hands /arms in the right angle! Like was said your best bet is to try and find someone to swap services with :) x

I did them, they dont look as good as they would if i did somebody else's but they look nice :) , ive done my lashes many times. They aren't too bad to be honest

Dont you think your exaggerating a little. Im not suggesting pouring acid on my lashes! I understand i dont get correct lash isolation but they haven't all fallen out or anything. Yes my lashes are a tad sparse since doing my own lashes. But Ive done them many times, and they arent as bad as your all making out

It's just they are really hard to do trying to get the best angle and if you have a Strong glue with a fume that can irritate and risk damaging your eyes. I tried when I finished my training and I couldn't open my eyes for about 15 mins, I was panicking because the fumes had make my eyes water and sore and they all fell out or got pulled out after a few days as they were all twisted or not glued on properly. It's quiet time consuming and tiring. I have been doing lashes for 3 years and I might put 2-3 lashes on in-between fills but I will never attempt to so a set again! By all means give it a go if you want but be very careful, it's not as easy as it sounds we just know how difficult and pointless it is and unfortunately we don't have any tips on how to do it as it's not worth it

I do it all the time and don't get any twisting or stinging and very little lash loss xx

I do classic lashes myself - once dropped a lash with glue in my eye after years of doing them on myself - I was convinced I was going to be blind as couldn't see for 2 days!!!

Then I got volume lashes done - so obviously now would never go back to classic lashes. I would never ever attempt to do myself - A stronger glue, not worth the risk. All I could think about it never being able to do lashes again if I can't see. Not worth it.

I now pay to get them done :) x

I tried myself bcoz I been to so many pathetic salons who do such rubbish jobs that I thought it can't get worse then doing it myself. Anyhow I glued my eye shut! Whahahahahahahha so now if I go out I just apply Mac strip lashes otherwise nothing except MYMascara.

Beauty at your finger tips!

Dont you think your exaggerating a little. Im not suggesting pouring acid on my lashes! I understand i dont get correct lash isolation but they haven't all fallen out or anything. Yes my lashes are a tad sparse since doing my own lashes. But Ive done them many times, and they arent as bad as your all making out

Who's exaggerating?

I said not to because you can't isolate properly.
It's the equivalent of going to a really crap lash tech.

You said yourself your lashes are more sparse.

I've done my own several times, but I certainly wouldn't recommend it.

I haven't compared it to pouring acid on your lashes, although if you get the adhesive in you eye (which is very possible) then yes, it would be similar.

Better chance of carrying out a liver transplant. That's a ridiculous comparison. How can you compare getting sparse lashes with removing and replacing an organ ?

Yeah I have more sparse lashes but eyelash baldness is only temporary and I can take a break at anytime. A lot of people get acrylic or gel nails done a lot even though their nail beds are ruined . I don't view this anywhere near as bad

Better chance of carrying out a liver transplant. That's a ridiculous comparison. How can you compare getting sparse lashes with removing and replacing an organ ?

Its a joke. Your far too serious

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Okay wait until you glue your eyelids together then come back and say we were exaggerating 😒
Accidents happen, and I personally wouldn't want to have an accident with strong glue that close to my eyes

I often wonder this too if I could do my own but I'm never going to attempt it.. Lol.
But I don't understand why you are asking a question which to me seems like u have never attempted it, but then when ppl tell u not t bother.. You say 'oh I do it all the time'
You clearly are the only one who can gve yourself tips on application as you seem to be the only one who does it.
But good on you.. I personally couldn't be bothered to sit and try doing my own lashes for hours!!

Nicola! Xxx

Yeah I have more sparse lashes but eyelash baldness is only temporary and I can take a break at anytime. A lot of people get acrylic or gel nails done a lot even though their nail beds are ruined . I don't view this anywhere near as bad

Actually as a qualified and experienced lash technician you should know this isn't actually true.

Continually tearing out lashes when they aren't ready will eventually damage the root and cause long term and possibly permanent lash loss.

Anything that causes damage is bad! I know a hairdresser that constantly wears cluster lashes which she applies herself.... yep, she's bald!

Latest posts

Back