Tips on how to clean this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlamourEyes11

Reaction score
Does anyone have any tips to clean irons?

It's a ceramic plate steam generator iron. Someone in the house has clearly got it stuck on something and now it just gets worse with each use. It needs a good clean .

Any tips that won't ruin the plate even more?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1406099425402.jpg
    1406099425402.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 125
Have you tried googling how to clean iron sole plates ?? ... if you don't get answers, I have a book downstairs .. Superwoman !!! :biggrin: it looks like nylon has got stuck on it..

Have you tried googling how to clean iron sole plates ?? ... if you don't get answers, I have a book downstairs .. Superwoman !!! :biggrin: it looks like nylon has got stuck on it..

Yes I did have a look and couldn't find too much. But I was searching ceramic iron plates. I'll try iron sole plates :) xxx

Ok... my very old fashioned books say 'citric acid in water is the cleaner to use on rusted iron or simply brush it with a wire brush or wire wool, plus paraffin and oil it lightly'

!!!!!:!::!::!:

Ok... my very old fashioned books say 'citric acid in water is the cleaner to use on rusted iron or simply brush it with a wire brush or wire wool, plus paraffin and oil it lightly'

!!!!!:!::!::!:

Thanks I'll try both. I'd read salt and vinegar mixture too.

I'll let you know how I get on ;)

Thanks xxx

I was going to get one of those steam generator things as I thought they didn't overheat and stick to things. Clearly I have been fed duff info there lol

I was going to get one of those steam generator things as I thought they didn't overheat and stick to things. Clearly I have been fed duff info there lol

Haha they are amazing. It's the second one we've had. No idea how it stuck! I think it was my fella but no one is owning up to it lol. I've never known it to stick until it ended up like this! X

I have a similar iron purchased for a mere £75 (ouch) and two weeks later I was talking on the phone and ironing and ironed straight over, I can't think what they're called.
It's almost like a plasticy, printed motif on a t-shirt. The type you normally turn inside out. Well I went straight over it and I got exactly what you have there.
Don't use a metal scoured just a synthetic one and I used a combi or white vinegar and salt. Scrub scrub scrub!!
Hope this helps!

Thanks I'll try both. I'd read salt and vinegar mixture too.

I'll let you know how I get on ;)

Thanks xxx

White vinegar is amazing I go through bucket loads for cleaning in the house! (My house doesn't smell like it btw ) xx

White vinegar is amazing I go through bucket loads for cleaning in the house! (My house doesn't smell like it btw ) xx

I was going to suggest the same. White vinegar is great for so many things, as is bicarbonate of soda.

I use white vinegar a lot too, especially to make metal sparkle again lol and bicarb is awesome for most things. Even things to do with the body i.e. cystitis and psoriasis! ;)

I will make up a concoction later and see how I get on

Thanks everyone xxx

Latest posts

Back