Tips on how to speed up - Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlene

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has any tips on how I can speed up with my gelish re-applications. It takes me approx 1 and a half hours sometimes 2.

I know removal takes me too long. Just breaking seal on top it off takes takes me too long as I ensure top coat is completely dulled and I feel I need to remove it well as remover doesn't penetrate otherwise.

The not all of it is removed and I spend time re-soaking and am very careful to be gently on the natural nail.

Application is quicker but I am feel I spend to much time ensuring application is thin especially for base coat as I know if it is too thick removal is harder.

Any tips or advice is greatly appreciated. I can't imagine how other tech's do it even within the hour. I just worry that clients don't want to spend this long for their treatment.

Are you making sure your base coat is very thin? Have you tried dry brushing? I know other geeks say it can make a difference to removal?

Sorry! Just re read. What remover do you use?

Hi there, thanks for replying.

Yes I do dry brush and I apply foundation as thin as I can I wipe brush and dab onto all 10 nails then re-wipe brush then go back and work foundation into nails. I use either straight acetone or the nourishing remover depending on which colour the client has on as I find some colours tougher than others to remove.

Interesting following x

Hi There. I had the same problems as you when I started out & I still feel I take too long in my application. My priority is doing the best application I can every time for my clients and its only as I look back to 3/4 months ago do I realise that I am slowly speeding up - you will get there naturally probably without even realising it!

I used to dread removals for exactly the reasons you stated and would spend hours on this site researching all the advice (this is my first post!). After trial and error - particulary with soaking off from toes - I have found that not buffing off the top coat has speeded removal up immensely for me! The gelish now just flakes away nicely when I remove the wrap. When I used to buff off the top it was more like the remover was melting away the gel and it would be quite sticky and stubborn to remove.

Good luck and persevere.

Gelish used to take me over the hour to apply. But it is literally a case of the more you do it the quicker you get. I can now do an application in just under an hour. Removal still takes me longer than it should although I am going to try not buffing the top coat on myself to see if it does make a difference. As I was trained to buff so there was no shine on the top coat. Just keep on doing it and you will get quicker without even noticing x

With regards to making removal quicker, I found that warm hands/feet do help.
Like a heated wheat bag on top of hands/feet. HTH x

Latest posts

Back