Tips to getting experience once qualified?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Anyone got any? Do I work for free somewhere first even though I know my work is good enough to be chargable? It's so hard to get a salon job as a nail tech which isn't self employed with less than a years experience! There are hardly any junior roles!!!

How did everyone else do it? Hints? Tips?

Practice practice practice! Maybe make a Facebook page and advertise your work charge a little less at first if your not confident enough and take loads of pictures! You can always take all your pictures into a salon instead of a boring cv! I wouldn't work anywhere for free unless it was a short term work placement. Why not go mobile? Get some leaflets made up with a discount and post them everywhere locally. You'll soon get calls coming in. Doing beauty and not just nails is a good idea too. Spray tanning doesn't take long to learn and that along with Gelish is my most popular treatment x

Practice practice practice! Maybe make a Facebook page and advertise your work charge a little less at first if your not confident enough and take loads of pictures! You can always take all your pictures into a salon instead of a boring cv! I wouldn't work anywhere for free unless it was a short term work placement. Why not go mobile? Get some leaflets made up with a discount and post them everywhere locally. You'll soon get calls coming in. Doing beauty and not just nails is a good idea too. Spray tanning doesn't take long to learn and that along with Gelish is my most popular treatment x

Thanks! I'm already doing mobile but as I've got a day job it's really hard to find the time to do the extra clients to practice as much as I would like- I'm kind of caught semi-pro! That's why I was thinking of doing a day a week voluntarily to guarantee constant experience!

Latest posts

Back