Toned hair gone horribly wrong

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Can someone please help me I really don't know what to do. So I have a friend who is my Guinea pig as I'm in training: anyway my client had grey roots and white coloured to mid lengths and orange ends so I gave the ends a bleaching for 20 mins with a 9% and then washed off and toned with goldwell 10a some bits are really overtoned gone kinda grey! And her ends are still dark and I feel there's some bits that's not quite even. I really don't know how to fix this. The roots are really bright and another bleaching on the ends is out of question as her hair feels so dry. Can anyone recommend how to get rid of the over tone then how to tone the hair down. Any help will be much appreciated

A picture would be more helpful.

Just wash the hair in a clarifying shampoo. That'll bring the toner out.

What level are the roots, mid and ends?

What's your aim?

It won't seem to let me upload a photo my aim was to achieve a nice ashy blonde but the roots are really white and she hates it her ends are a level 8 I would say could I tone her Roots again with a 8a will this work thank you

I was always told never to bleach anything with 9% as it's just a waste of time (some will disagree with me there). I was always told to use 6% as it lifts it to a nice clean even colour. The higher peroxides don't. Not really advice on what to do now but more of a tip for next time x

Thank you could I put a 9 blonde dye over the white and will it tone it down. X

If the ends are an 8. That should even it up.

Again. Hard to comment without pics!

Go with the same depth and add tone

IMG-20160507-WA0000.jpg Hairs still wet in this photo but the only one i can get to upload, hair is super stretchy so should i just use a semi hair dye and does anyone know if dialight is good x

View attachment 196997 Hairs still wet in this photo but the only one i can get to upload, hair is super stretchy so should i just use a semi hair dye and does anyone know if dialight is good x
Blondor and warm water will take out tone

Try a darker shadow at the root blending into a lighter colour with a semi this will maybe even it out a little .

Latest posts

Back