Toner Dilemma

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xluckystarx

Reaction score
Hiya this is my 1st ever post so be gentle please!! This is going to be a bit of an essay but I need to state what my hairs been through lol
I'm a Hairdresser (have NVQ 2 qualification...I left work in Sept 08 to have my daughter and haven't gone back to a lot of colour knowledge has gone out the window!), and am familiar with Paul Mitchell Color as well as Clynol dyes.

A few weeks ago I decided to bleach my hair up (which I've done several times before) so I could go from a box colour of 5.3 to more my natural colour which is an ash level 8 or 9.
I used 2 lots of bleach baths on it and 1 full on bleach colour and it's gone to a lovely blonde after using level 8 belle colour...but obviously still has some yellowy tones.
I bought some Indola Silver Shampoo and it's worked really well, and have used Indola Blonde Expert in P.O (as wasn't too sure if to use the ash colour as I'm not familiar with this brand I decided just to go for the natural lol).

Right, so basically I'd love some help as I've heard of Schwarzkopt Blond Me and L'oreal Luo colours but want to know what toners there are in these brands as I only know of Clynol Extra Ash toner but it's never in any of my hair suppliers. Help!!!

Hiya this is my 1st ever post so be gentle please!! This is going to be a bit of an essay but I need to state what my hairs been through lol
I'm a Hairdresser (have NVQ 2 qualification...I left work in Sept 08 to have my daughter and haven't gone back to a lot of colour knowledge has gone out the window!), and am familiar with Paul Mitchell Color as well as Clynol dyes.

A few weeks ago I decided to bleach my hair up (which I've done several times before) so I could go from a box colour of 5.3 to more my natural colour which is an ash level 8 or 9.
I used 2 lots of bleach baths on it and 1 full on bleach colour and it's gone to a lovely blonde after using level 8 belle colour...but obviously still has some yellowy tones.
I bought some Indola Silver Shampoo and it's worked really well, and have used Indola Blonde Expert in P.O (as wasn't too sure if to use the ash colour as I'm not familiar with this brand I decided just to go for the natural lol).

Right, so basically I'd love some help as I've heard of Schwarzkopt Blond Me and L'oreal Luo colours but want to know what toners there are in these brands as I only know of Clynol Extra Ash toner but it's never in any of my hair suppliers. Help!!!

clynol have re branded/named their toners...the ash toner is now part of the clynol go blonde range and its called tone shot "crystal" is the ash its a good toner mixed with 3% 10 vol......hth they do have it in my local sally's its in a yellow box not the viton s burgundy packaging it used to be

clynol have re branded/named their toners...the ash toner is now part of the clynol go blonde range and its called tone shot "crystal" is the ash its a good toner mixed with 3% 10 vol......hth they do have it in my local sally's its in a yellow box not the viton s burgundy packaging it used to be

Oh thanks for that! I was so stressed out cos I couldn't find it but now I know it's not been discontinued :D

Latest posts

Back