Toner

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolin

Reaction score
I am in an awkward position, I have been out of salon due to baby. I have been asked by a very good friend if I will do her hair. I don't like doing family and friends never have. Anyway she is quite poorly and I feel bad for her. She loves the white blonde look she has fhf. When it comes to toning her, I'm worried. I did tone her hair about a year ago with wella illumia 10/69. Although in my opinion it was a nice colour she said it looked muddy. I am so worried to do her hair for her but feel I have to as she been so poorly. She can't go to a salon. I just see her root getting bigger and bigger. We all know if your hair is looking good we feel better. So agreed to do it. Now I don't know what toner to use. She is 50% grey and her base is 6. I will fhf using 20% blondeme 9 lift to a pale yellow but if i go in with an ash it too muudy, over tones. so hence the 10/69 violet ash But she said was muddy. But she wants white. I just don't know what to use. As I said im not in salon at the moment so I don't have access to a range of products. Neither am I mobile I'm doing it to be a good friend. I just want it right for her. I want to just go to supplier and be confident her hair will be what she wants. I will upload her root she looks warmer than she is and her grey is more than looks in pic. Any advice please?

Screenshot_20170815-001350.png
Screenshot_20170815-001346.png

Hi 10/1 koleston should tone it to a nice creamy blonde . I think you will have to do it in 2 steps as it's not really a regrowth as it's too long .
Ill neutralise any gold without looking silver ,
How's the condition ?
When people are unwell the first place it shows is the hair

I posted yesterday and have not had a helping hand from anyone. I am really bad at choosing a toner after bleaching. I have a very close friend who has asked me to do her hair. I have agreed even though I don't normally do family and friends. I have made an exception for her as she is a very poorly lady up and I just want to make her feel better. Anyway last time I done her about a year ago she she had gone to salon and they didn't tone her after fhf, so I used wella illumia 10/69. I thought it was a nice colour but she thought it muddy. She likes a nice clean white blonde. I intend to lift her to pale yellow as I think that was the problem before. I just need 're assurance I have attached pics of her massive root any advice? She is around 50% grey. O think this is what gives the illusion she has lifted lighter than she has if that makes sense. As i say I have only toner her before so I will be in full control this time and be sure to lift to pale yellow. I normally have a good result with 10.69. She wants white though.

[merged threads]

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170815-205010.png
    Screenshot_20170815-205010.png
    949.7 KB · Views: 54
  • Screenshot_20170815-205021.png
    Screenshot_20170815-205021.png
    609.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20170815-001350.png
    Screenshot_20170815-001350.png
    880.4 KB · Views: 32
We how strange. I have just reposted as I thought I'd do e something wrong on posting as have had no advice. I used to come on a lot but have not been on for along time and there has been some changes. Any way her hair is in on condition just unfourtunatly she dosnt have a lot and what she has is fine. She tells me when ever ash has been used it goes muddy. I don't want to upset her.

We how strange. I have just reposted as I thought I'd do e something wrong on posting as have had no advice. I used to come on a lot but have not been on for along time and there has been some changes. Any way her hair is in on condition just unfourtunatly she dosnt have a lot and what she has is fine. She tells me when ever ash has been used it goes muddy. I don't want to upset her.

Hi Carolin

If you are concerned that you've not received any or enough replies, all you need do is create a new post on the existing thread with the words "bump" or "anyone".

This is why I've since merged your two threads together :)

Latest posts

Back