Toners - Yellow tone returns

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eitje

Reaction score
Good morning everyone! :Grope:

Being a newbie on this forum, a small introduction, i have been a hairdresser since 2003, only worked in a salon for 3.5 years :-( eventually started working in an office and i still do some clients but at home. Unfortunatly not able to perform my job as a hairdresser right now due to several circumstances.

this is a cry for help, i've been reading several topics on this forum and i hope that you guys can help me out.

I have been coloring my hair with a Majiblond 901S with a 30 Vol for years, got sick of it as the color always turned out orangery - yellowish. My natural tone is a 6.
I putted a 911 of Majiblond on my hair in hope that it could tone down the yellow brassy tones, it did work a bit. after that i put on a toner of the brand BES (dunno if this brand is known with you?) a 10.28. it toned down a lot and i was a very ligth ash blond, almost where i wanted to be ( dont wanne be like platinum ) Unfortuntaly i was happy too fast.
After 2 weeks it was like the toner washed out... :-( (i also use a Silver shampoo Loreal) so i am back at where i almost started, although the 911 did some great work, its not what i was aiming for.

When i color my roots now i bleach them first and then i put on the 911 to tone it out the bright yellow a bit.
However i am still with the toner issue. my hair is fairly ok, no orangery tones anymore, only this golden blond yellow is returning.

I was thinking to put a 10.21 of Loreal on there to tone it out.
And here it comes,how is the best way to mix? should i mix this toner with 1:1? and 30 Vol? Or should i use a 20 vol?
I want to get to a light ash blond.

I highly appreciate all your input and suggestions to help me out.
Hope this isn't that confusing, and sorry for my English not a native speaker.
I lost confidence a bit in these color techniques as it is not an average daily job anymore...

Thankt you!!! :)

If your using L'oreal then tone with 901 richesse, but dont leave it on for too long and only apply to the roots, keep on watching it because it grabs quickly!
Its a fab toner :)
hope this helps
xox

If you are getting the look you want but it isnt lasting, your formulation is lacking saturation. Go down a level and mix in some clear. you should get a more lasting result. You cant tone a level 8 with a 10 or 12, and get a solid result.

Thanks for the replies so far!
Anymore advice ??? :Grope:

Latest posts

Back