Toni and Guy jobs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeniaaa

Reaction score
Most of the jobs on Toni and Guy ask about a varderers certificate,
I Just wondering if anyone had any more information on this?
Thanks

Last edited:
Most of the jobs on Toni and Guy ask about a varderers certificate,
I Just wondering if anyone had any more information on this?
Thanks

I worked there about 10 years ago and varder is where they go to qualify, basically u train with toni&guy in salon for however long it takes (2-3 years) then go to varder for 6 weeks to be assessed x

You would need to re-train with toni&guy.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've worked for headmasters and rush and they both made you do vardering training before you start. I found it good fun to be honest, I learnt an awful lot not just about hair but customer service, client loyalty/psychology etc etc

Do you have an NVQ certificate? Generally speaking it's rare that a salon would take on somebody to varder if they hadn't done their NVQ with the company , however it is possible , but you certainly would not be able to be a stylist/technician for toni and guy without doing your vardering

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

I worked with them for a year and vardered in technical but not cutting x
Did have NVQ already though x

Do you have an NVQ certificate? Generally speaking it's rare that a salon would take on somebody to varder if they hadn't done their NVQ with the company , however it is possible , but you certainly would not be able to be a stylist/technician for toni and guy without doing your vardering

Yeah i'm NVQ level 3 salon trained,To be fair it sounds like a good idea because if it offers more training and the chance to be better stylist then you cant go wrong :D
i just cant believe i did'ent know about this before!

Last edited:
Yeah i'm NVQ level 3 salon trained,To be fair it sounds like a good idea because if it offers more training and the chance to be better stylist then you cant go wrong :D
i just cant believe i did'ent know about this before!

That's exactly right :) get your application in !

They do say on their job specs that a Varderers certificate is preferable. Does anyone have any idea how long it usually takes to hear whether or not you have been shortlisted? I applied for a technician position via their website and I've heard nothing much to my disappointment. Closing date was just over a week ago. I wrote a really strong application that I thought couldn't fail. :sad:

They do say on their job specs that a Varderers certificate is preferable. Does anyone have any idea how long it usually takes to hear whether or not you have been shortlisted? I applied for a technician position via their website and I've heard nothing much to my disappointment. Closing date was just over a week ago. I wrote a really strong application that I thought couldn't fail. :sad:

I have worked for the company for 10 years and without putting a dampener on it we have never had anybody varder with us ( our salon ) who hadn't completed an NVQ with us or already vardered in either styling or technical, apart from when the salon very first opened 11 years ago. I'm not saying it doesn't happen , but it's rare as it doesn't make sense financially . I imagine it will be a couple of weeks , until all applications have been reviewed etc . Good luck :)

I have worked for the company for 10 years and without putting a dampener on it we have never had anybody varder with us ( our salon ) who hadn't completed an NVQ with us or already vardered in either styling or technical, apart from when the salon very first opened 11 years ago. I'm not saying it doesn't happen , but it's rare as it doesn't make sense financially . I imagine it will be a couple of weeks , until all applications have been reviewed etc . Good luck :)

Thank you, I still haven't heard so guessing its a no! I am NVQ level 3 qualified with just 4 years salon experience. I am 35 and cant help thinking that might have had something to do with it :( ...not saying it is but it has crossed my mind....
I used to be an employment advisor prior to retraining so I am a whizz at application forms and covering letters! I've just put in an offer to buy a salon so I can be my own master now :D

Thank you, I still haven't heard so guessing its a no! I am NVQ level 3 qualified with just 4 years salon experience. I am 35 and cant help thinking that might have had something to do with it :( ...not saying it is but it has crossed my mind....
I used to be an employment advisor prior to retraining so I am a whizz at application forms and covering letters! I've just put in an offer to buy a salon so I can be my own master now :D

Ah well good luck ! As I said we have in house training so it's unusual that somebody who hasn't worked for the company from being an apprentice , would be taken on , as it's a costly mistake if it doesn't work out or if that person doesn't pass their vardering :)

Latest posts

Back