Toning down platinum hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philipxxx

Reaction score
I'm naturally a warm level 7 and I currently use wella blondor cream then tone with wella koleston 10/16 but I'm wanting to go abit warmer and away from bleach this is the colour I'm wanting to archive I'm thinking 12/0 and 12% on the roots and 10/3 on the ends
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1441661024.556124.jpg

12/1 i think, its just gonna be wayyyyyyy too warm with 12/0.

Oh Phil Phil Phil! No no no!!! Now 12/0 is a definite stay away!! I would stick with the 12/89 or 12/81 with 12% as your hair will pull up warm anyway... Just not like a beacon as it would with 12/0

I was looking at 12/89 , 12/11 and 12/1 but as my hair lifts warm il have to neutralise a little bit instead of just soften so il use the 12/89

Last edited:
There are warmer shades and then there is raw untoned pee yellow undertone. Which one would you want? [emoji56]

The pee yellow sounds like a good look

Pee yellow? Haha xD

I will be honest in the past when iv used bleach on mine and lifted to pale yellow I have been tempted to just put a clear gloss over it because I kind of like the raw bleached look

In our salon we mostly won't tone our balayages as most clients are around a base 7. Buttery blonde[emoji57]
But on darker levels I have to at least tone zone one to soften/even out the outcome as this looks either too stripey or just pee blonde [emoji38]
But there is a place for bright blondes I guess...

What do you all think of Goldwell highlifts

Latest posts

Back