Toning multi tonal highlights

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funtimefranko

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity.. how do you guys tone highlights that have lifted to an orangey colour on the ends and really light on the roots? X

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I would go back in and pic out the orangey bits and re bleach them, to get them up to the level I needed. Or I would use a much weaker bleach solution on the lighter roots to the ends in the first place to try and get an even lift. For example a 3% or pastel on the regrowth and a 6% on the darker ends. As your orange ends and light roots would be two different levers (eg a 10 on light roots and a 7 on the orange ends) a ten toner would make the roots desired shade and not touch the ends. Hope this makes sense xx

Depends on the level of lightness. If roots are a level 9 and ends are a level 7 orange I would tone the roots with 7.3 and a bit of 7.34 because the copper will fill it a bit and stop it fading in a few washes and the ends with 7.1 and 8.1. Ash goes darker so I always lift it half a shade to a shade I would leave the root toner on for a minute or two before applying the ends though.

Yeah similar to what i do... time doesn't always allow for rebleaching annoyingly x x

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back