Tonsillitis-quick question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrslamps

Reaction score
Quick question- my apprentice has got tonsillitis and I'm not sure if she is able to work due to cross contamination- any ideas?
Thanks x

My daughter suffered every month till they were taken out and it is contagious, when my husbands had it he has gone to work so I guess it's just down to your personal choice but if she's breathing over clients it's not very nice and usually their breath is pretty bad and if I were having something done and the lady mentioned she had tonsillitis and was working close to me I wouldn't be very impressed

Question is does she want to work though, like is she well enough? I have suffered from it for years and it knocks me for six! Getting them out in January is the best thing I ever done! But yes it's contagious and I wouldn't want to be working if it was me lol xx

I have to agree, as a long term sufferer myself (at least once every single year, but not often enough for them to remove grrrr), working through tonsillitis is not easy!

The doctors say that the risk of contamination is very low, but its still a risk. I personally suffer very high fever, shaking, dizziness, alongside the usual not being able to eat, drink, swallow or talk without struggle.

Last time, I only did 2 clients in the first day of having tonsillitis. I was too ill, driving was probably dangerous, and had to cancel clients for the next 2 days.

Antibiotics usually take effect quite quickly, and without, it usually clears in 7-10 days. But I really would advise against them working for at least 2-3 days. Its not fair on them, or your clients.

I would want to see a therapist who had tonsillitis! I just have to be in the same room as someone with it to catch it and then end up really poorly for a week.
As parents we complain about folk putting their children to school ill and ours catching it, not sure how this is different, a sniffle/cold fine, an obviously poorly therapist would put me off using the salon. It's H&S!!

Wouldn't not would!!! God damn this iPad 😂

I did reply to this in the consumer section, Tonsillitis is highly contagious, and is up to 2 weeks after, coughs and sneezes will spread it around the salon like wildfire.

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
Would you be happy if your went to get a treatment and come with tonsillitis lol? Again, I had it and it knocked me out for days so I would be a little peeved if I caught it off someone when they knew they had it...I would it's best to keep her away or you could all end up with it! No staff and grump poorly clients is never a good choice xx

Thanks ladies she has pharyngitis as been the doctors- have told her to stay off now until Tuesday :)

Latest posts

Back