Too much competition?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angel-a

Reaction score
November has been understandably quiet but now we’re nearing Christmas and the party season, I’m still really quiet with bookings? I’ve advertised on Facebook and Instagram but bookings just seem to come in few and far between. I don’t want to keep pushing posts incase it annoys people and puts them off though. Around my area there is quite a few mobile ladies that have been going for a while. Just wondered if it’s really worth it? I’ve had good feedback for my tans and I’m confident. Just wondering if any else feels like this from time to time?

How long have you been tanning? I’ve been tanning 6 years and this season has been the quietest I’ve ever known.

Only since June this year so I can’t compare it really to any other year. Do you find many people leaving it to last minute for a tan? In the past, I’ve always booked my tan early to make sure I can get in with someone

Some people books weeks early but most just a couple of days before. In my first year or two I was still building my clients up. It takes a while to get regulars. Summer is really busy when you get established. This year has been really quiet for me. I’ve got a few booked in for Xmas but still not as many as i used to have. I wonder if girls use the rub on tan more now. Or maybe they can get a tan for cheaper than £20. ? Who knows. Keep at it though. Good luck xx

Thank you, yeah I was fairly busy when I started up in the summer. Was always told Xmas was a busy time. I was actually thinking the same about the self tan and how a certain brand (skinny [emoji12]) had become so popular. Let’s see how December goes. Thanks for your reply [emoji4]X

I think you have to realistic it’s your first year. I don’t believe in competition really as there is always work for everyone. My ideal to gain loyal customers really than one hit wonders and if that means growth slowly then that’s better in the long run

Yeah definitely, I totally agree. Like you say, I’d much rather gain repeat custom than people just wanting a one off Xmas party tan [emoji4] just expected to be a little busier but it’s ok [emoji4] thanks x

My appointments have just started to kick back in. It has been really quiet the last couple of month for me too xx

Lots of my nail clients have returned to using sunbeds this year.
They seem very popular again.

Your first year can be tough but hopefully things will pick up as we head towards Christmas. Have you thought of offering any deals, try and check out what a few of the other ladies in your area are offering.
Also if you want to try a couple of samples please let us know.

Good luck and Happy Spraying.

Sounds like it’s been a quieter month or so for a few of us. Here’s to a busy Christmas [emoji4]

Your first year can be tough but hopefully things will pick up as we head towards Christmas. Have you thought of offering any deals, try and check out what a few of the other ladies in your area are offering.
Also if you want to try a couple of samples please let us know.

Good luck and Happy Spraying

Thank you, I currently use your 12%. My ladies love it xx

Iv had my business for 10 years and this last 2 months have been my quietest and most difficult so far. Every other business I’ve spoken to have struggled too.
I have got 4 Sunbeds. Also do nails, spray tans , hair , waxing etc
They have all been quiet not just Tanning.
When I looked back on last years accounts i seemed to have been doing a lot of hair extensions at this one of year but this year I’ve hardly done any.
I worry that it’s because of people doing it on the side from their bedrooms for cheap rather than going out to salons these days.
It’s tough

I’ve spoken to a couple of beauty therapists these past couple of days and they’ve said how quiet they are too. Mobile and in salons. Not good.

Yeah I know I’d rather go to a salon for extensions rather than get it done on the cheap. You get what you pay for!

I’ve noticed a few of my “friends” on my personal Facebook asking about recommendations for self tans these past few days too.

Despite keep telling customers (via Facebook) to book in to avoid disappointment, I honestly find most if my clients book in on the week they want the tan, drives me nuts but I can most the time fit in a quick tan, its when they want nails at the last minute I struggle lol

Hope December picks up for everyone xx

Despite keep telling customers (via Facebook) to book in to avoid disappointment, I honestly find most if my clients book in on the week they want the tan, drives me nuts but I can most the time fit in a quick tan, its when they want nails at the last minute I struggle lol

Hope December picks up for everyone xx
My clients do this all the time. On a Sunday my week ahead looks empty but then it fills up as the week goes on xx

I posted this on Tuesday and the past few days I’ve had enquiries for very last minute tans. I’ve done them as business is business. Let’s see if December brings anymore last minute Larry’s [emoji4]

I’ll
Always do a last minute Tan if I’m
Free and it’s convenient. It’s all about the money after all

Latest posts

Back