Top coat chipping with foils

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bexy27

Reaction score
HELP ME PLEASE

I have been using Gelish as my base colour and then putting the adhesive on waiting to dry and then applying foil that's perfect then I am putting two layers of top coat on and capping the free edge PERFECT!

Then after 2/3 days the top coat is chipping I have tried Gelish TIO and NSI Glaze and go and both are doing it please can you give me some advice or tips dont know what I am doing wrong!!

I've applied base, cure, color cure, color cure, top coat cure, lightly buff shine off, apply adhesive glue, do foil, top coat cure, top coat cure. . .

If you are applying the foils to gel polish over natural nails then you should not use Glaze n Go as it's not suitable. They are too flexible and it will crack and chip.

If applying foil to acrylics you can use Glaze n Go but you need to apply one coat and cure then apply a second.

just apply foil to the 2nd cost if colour without wiping the excess off always works for me ☺️

2 layers of top coat works very well for me!

I was told to use simple sheer on top of foils then use top it off. This way works for me. X

I would suggest you make sure you're using a flexible gel top coat, as something like Glaze n Go is too rigid for it and will tend to crack after a few days. I know Crystal Nails and Mosaic sell suitable flexible gel top coats.

Latest posts

Back