Top coat dull after wiping?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carmel clarke

Busybee
Reaction score
hi
can anyone pls help?
I am using perfect match gel polish but after wiping with uv cleanse with lindt free pad the shine is gone and they just look dull.
I am curing for 1 minute under a led lamp and waiting about 20seconds before wiping.
anyone know where I could be going wrong?

thanks so much xxx

hi
can anyone pls help?
I am using perfect match gel polish but after wiping with uv cleanse with lindt free pad the shine is gone and they just look dull.
I am curing for 1 minute under a led lamp and waiting about 20seconds before wiping.

thanks so much xxx
Have you trained in nails?

What lamp are you using?

What lamp are you using?
Thanks for your reply.
It's both led and uv.
I'm not sure of the wattage il add a pic.
It's cures both coats fine. I was thought 30 seconds under an led lamp but I give 1 minute just to be sure and darker costs maybe a little extra.
I was thought to wait a few seconds before wiping after the topcoat which I do also I don't saturate the lint free wipe with uv cleanse just enough.
I thought maybe I'm using too much or too little top coat? Or could it be my lamp?
Thanks any advice is much appreciated

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 140
It's probably because you have a generic lamp. You would be better off with the lamp for your system. Also if the lamp was the proper one, you'd be curing 30 seconds like you should. Cleanse needs to be saturated and the pad replaced after every few nails, or else you are just reapplying the inhibition layer from one nail to the next. Was this all not discussed in your training? You can't use just any old lamp for any system.

It's probably because you have a generic lamp. You would be better off with the lamp for your system. Also if the lamp was the proper one, you'd be curing 30 seconds like you should. Cleanse needs to be saturated and the pad replaced after every few nails, or else you are just reapplying the inhibition layer from one nail to the next. Was this all not discussed in your training? You can't use just any old lamp for any system.

Im using perfect match gel polish and as far as I'm aware they don't do their own lamp.. In my training I was told either use an led lamp and cure for 30 seconds or a uv lamp for 2 mins.. No brand was specifically mentioned .. Sounds a bit ridiculous really.. I cure for 1 minute just to be sure and was told darker colours can need a bit longer.. I was also trained not to saturate the pad as this can dull the shine .. Obviously I change the pad after each hand .

I don't know what to tell you. Call your educator maybe? Seems they didn't teach that well.
I'm pretty sure Le Chat have their own lamps though.

Im using perfect match gel polish and as far as I'm aware they don't do their own lamp.. In my training I was told either use an led lamp and cure for 30 seconds or a uv lamp for 2 mins.. No brand was specifically mentioned .. Sounds a bit ridiculous really.. I cure for 1 minute just to be sure and was told darker colours can need a bit longer.. I was also trained not to saturate the pad as this can dull the shine .. Obviously I change the pad after each hand .
Le chat have their own lamp. You should really invest into a better lamp, it's most likely why you are having issues. A duo lamp makes no sense and probably isn't out putting the proper about of wattage to cure. Although it sounds trivial, your lamp is an investment into your future. They are worth every penny.

I have had this problem before. Even with opi gel and lamp. Sometimes you need to change the top coat could be a fault with it.

Your topcoat may be cloudy or needing to be changed.

Try using cotton pads and a small amount of cleanse.
Sometimes using too much can make it look cloudy instead of shiny x

Sometimes cotton wool pads bring the shine up better X

When someone has a poor quality light and is experiencing difficulties it is going to be the cause in 99.99% of cases.

When someone has a poor quality light and is experiencing difficulties it is going to be the cause in 99.99% of cases.
Thanks so much for all your comments.
So I was going to buy a new lamp tomorrow but did two sets of nails today and the first one the shine was perfect and second set the shine was dull!! So I'm thinking maybe it's not the lamp at all.. I'll try using a little less uv cleanse tomorrow and try the cotton wool .. Thanks for the tip! If all else fails I'll just get the new lamp anyway at least I can rule this out if it don't solve the problem! Thanks girls x

I have the Gelish 18g lamp and have used Gelish tio and opi top coat. No chipping for as long as they wear it but I definitely looks dull at times. It drives me crazy.

hi
can anyone pls help?

thanks so much xxx

It can be due to you not using enough wipes or not turning the wipe enough. By doing so you are putting the residue back which dulls the polish.

I found an answer - wiped with normal gel wipe fluid - dull nails. Used isopropyl alcohol and the shine returned!

Latest posts

Back