Top gel brands for self employed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Misskimsi3bee

Reaction score
Hello all,
I am considering doing a gel nail course but I would like to know the best brands of gel that I could use at home as I am self employed please? Nothing too pricey, but long lasting etc. Let me know your thoughts - thank you in advance x

Cuccio, tmc , inklondon , tgb

I’ve worked with OPI gel for 2 years and personally I think it’s great to start with. Its one of the easiest gels to apply and is affordable... also has a nail polish range and products to retail x

Bioseaweed Gel

Ikon.iQ Nails hypoallergenic gels! [emoji1360]

I'm self employed and mobile, I started with OPI and then started with Gelish for the colours. Both are good but when I started with the gel bottle it was an absolute game changer!

I personally wouldn’t invest in anything manufactured in China for the time being. You don’t have the protection that EU and American products have in terms of safety with ingredients. The industry is not yet regulated in China as it is elsewhere.

Honestly they're all pretty good. Some gels tend to harden in the bottle and become less workable over time(usually the cheap stuff). Really the only way for you to find out what you like is to try them out. There's no way around it.

Me personally I like OPI, CND, DnD, Gelish. These are the brands that are easily accessible and available here in the states.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back