Training. Cheap or value for money?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mum

Reaction score
I seem to have a 'training head' on today and there are the usual large number of questions on courses.

No one wants to spend more than they need to on anything but 'nail training' is, on the whole, PRIVATE training. There are some subsidised courses available from FE colleges and some training providers but there are only available under specific circumstances and funding for those over 19 is getting harder to find.

Private training for any sector is not cheap! I won't list all the overheads but there are many. Plus, the teacher needs a reasonable wage and a GOOD teacher should get reasonable recompense for their own experience both in 'nails' AND teaching.

So many people on here have discovered the hard way that they have wasted their money on a course and need to spend much more on additional and often retraining.

My question is what is cheap training and what is good value training?

My suggestion is that those that answer these questions add their comments on the quality of teaching and the value for money.

I don't believe there is any such thing as 'cheap' training unless it is subsidised. You get what you pay for.

Cheap training is any course that leaves you with questions unanswered, a feeling that you haven't a clue, or uses inferior products.

Value for money training includes:

Quality products
An enthusiastic and qualified trainer (in both teaching and their chosen skill)
A comprehensive training programme, including a handbook
Follow-up service
The ability to get insurance with the certificate

I think these 1 day courses that teach more than one system in one day should be banned! There are too many people doing these courses and think they can start up their own business. they give all of us who invest good money into good training a bad name.

sorry rant over lol

Cheap training is the first course I did, a 14 week long, 1 evening per week one to learn NSI L & P. I left not having practically a clue of what I was doing or why I was doing it, just £720 worse off.

Value for money training is the training I received when doing the CND conversion course and everything started to make sense. Don't get me wrong, I still think I have alot of learning to do but I am making money from nail enhancements now and actually enjoy doing them. My next decision is whether its a 1 to 1 or masters.

H xx

I think these 1 day courses that teach more than one system in one day should be banned! There are too many people doing these courses and think they can start up their own business. they give all of us who invest good money into good training a bad name.

sorry rant over lol

I disagree with this comment I have done a few short courses although I would of loved to have gone to full time collage but I had no choice.I could not afford to give up work and also could not afford to pay the prices they where asking. I took on an extra job just to save to take some short courses and before I did them I researched them before and already had list of questions before I entered the course and was sure to understand the basics and then continued to study after and my tutors was only at the end of the phone for any questions I had. Did endless practicing before I ever had any private clients. Now I run a small salon and am very successful so how are you any better then me? And how am I giving everyone in the industry a bad name?

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

I think these 1 day courses that teach more than one system in one day should be banned!

i was more stating the fact that you cant possibly learn everything about nails and master 2 systems in 1 day!:eek::eek:

sorry if i offended

Latest posts

Back