Training course- which way to go?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail_Envy

Reaction score
Hello. Im doing a nail tech course at the moment and have nearly completed it. I want to be a beauty therapist. Ive looked at doing a cert 4 in beauty therepy.

My question is am i better off doing this course or am i better off doing courses in each individual subject i want to train in, through the company whose products i want to use?

What is cert 4? I am also doing a nail tech course and looking at beauty therapy after. Was thinking of going private and doing level 2/3 nvq with white rose college. Still not sure though. My current course is with cnd and is really in depth, want all my training to be this good! Plus i want to be working in a salon alongside my own mobile stuff so need the training to be up to scratch. Sweet squared do training in lashes and tanning with specific brands but its gonna cost a bomb doing it that way! Xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Cert 4 is a course through tafe/uni. Its is a full time course that goes for a year and once completed, will allow me to own a salon and be qualified as a beauty therapist. I think it may be equivalant to the nvq course you are looking at? Its going to cost an arm and a leg which i dont mind paying if its going to be the right way. But as i found with nails some brands you have to train with to use their product and if its that way with beauty products id prefer to go that way. Its such a big choice to make and im so confused

Latest posts

Back