Training decision help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LucyLocket02

Reaction score
Hi all,

Would really appreciate your help please! I've spent hours the last 2 weeks researching into training particularly in mani/pedi and gel polish.

I took an nvq level 2 in beauty therapy over 10 years ago but never used it and went straight into an office job. I didn't really rate my college to be honest and never felt confident in polishing during the course.

I'm now really really keen to move into the nail industry but just don't know what to do for training. Looking on here CND is rated by many but I worry is a 2 day course for say shellac really going to be enough for me particularly with my worry over polishing?

I also thought about a home study course such as essential nails where I could send my nails off to be assessed but how do I know if I'm practising properly in the first place?!

Argh any help would be really appreciated!!! Thankyou :) xxx

I done Level 2 and Level 3 at college, but never felt confident in mani and pedi. I worked in a nail bar (run by Vietnamese people) and after 2 days I was fully confident in both treatments and Gelish! I would recommend going into a nail bar near you and ask if you could just watch them for a couple days, i'm sure they would be more than happy to help if you explain to them your situation :)

Thankyou for the reply :) I might pop into a few salons and see if can do some work experience. Not sure if really I should do a refresher course too though as its been so long since I qualified I could do with a reminder on the health and safety too xx

Why not look into microblading x

What is microblading? X

Latest posts

Back