Training heads/ Blockheads

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bee

Reaction score
Hi,
I want to buy some training heads to practice cutting/styling etc but what do I do when the I've cut all the hair off the training head. Do I buy a new training head (which can get costly) or is there a way to replace the hair? Where do you buy the replaceable hair? Just a little confused as I've searched all over the net and can only find the training heads and no replacement hairs.

Thanx

There isn't replacement hair. Do the long cuts first and work through the mid length ones and then shorter and shorter till you finish with scissor over comb

There isn't replacement hair. Do the long cuts first and work through the mid length ones and then shorter and shorter till you finish with scissor over comb

Oh! Thanx for the quick reply.

Do you know where I can get a couple of decent priced training heads?

Capital or sally or salons direct sell them. I get trainees to buy 2. One to cut, the other to leave long for long hair training.

Actually a friend of mine got heads where you change just the "hair" it sort of snaps on. They're by "Pivot Point" she got them through school but it wouldn't hurt to try!

Hope this helps!:lol:

a friend of mine at college looked on ebay and they had some resonably priced ones on there!

In my local Wholesalers, they have these "slip-overs" or skins - Which is literally a skin with hair and the dolls face on it, which you put over and pin to an old used block.
They're about the same price as a brand new normal block, so a bit pointless really.
But this site sells them; and other blocks too (I've never used the website, so I can't say how good they are)
http://www.banburypostiche.co.uk/shop/home/C-324.aspx

http://www.banburypostiche.co.uk/shop/home/CartProductsDept.aspx

Hope this helps :green:

~
The ones from eBay, unless you're buying from a really reputable seller,
you could end up either:
1.Paying a rediculous shipping price (usually £5-10 to what I've seen)
or
2."Buying" a Real Hair Block, but end up getting synthetic hair.
My friend was sold 3 "Real Hair" Blocks, but ended up finding out the hard way, the hair melted and fell off when she used a curler on it :eek:

Oh dear! Ill have to watch out for that then
Posted via Mobile Device

yep ive seen blocks on ebay before that are synthetic hair, i almost bought one myself!! but i think salons direct are probably the best price for a decent head and as someone already mentioned get 2, 1 for cutting (start with long cuts 1st then work on the shorter styles then the heads can be used for barbering) and a 2nd long haired block for styling/hair up.

Latest posts

Back