Training...help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailbear85

Reaction score
Hey! I'm over from nail geek. I'm thinking about training to be a hairdresser but I'm totally lacking in confidence! I started an apprenticship when I was 16 (I'm 26 now) and gave it up because of the salon I was placed in, I felt at the time wasn't very nice and a few staff were nasty(don't want to go into too much detail about that) Anyway, how would I go about training again? Any advice would be great thanks xx

Hi,
I'd go to the local college who will be able to tell you what your options are, and whether you will have to pay, as it's different in different areas,
You could probably
1. College full time
2. College evening course
3. Try to get apprentice in salon, age is no barrier now
These options depend on what gcse's you have
Good luck x

my personal opinion, if you can afford to get trained in a salon do that..
you learn so much more this way. but you would really need to get into a good salon to make it worth your while, they might be able to fast track you aswell.

Good luck

Hi I live in Cheshire and my nearest college wasn't very helpful so I tried stoke college and they have set me up with two day course to refresh or in my case to learn new skills as my old ones are out of date. Only £100 which is about ten pounds per hour.

I think you would have to pay if you are over 19 and to do two years from scratch is expensive, but don't let this put you off see what other options there are, good luck

Faye C

Latest posts

Back