Training in hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca19

Reaction score
Hi, i trained as a beauty therapist a few years ago and worked self employed for about a year but totally lost my passion for it. I always wanted to train in hair extensions but money and time have been an issue as i have 2 young children. My youngest is now at nursery so i can now start training/working.
I would want to do a cutting course aswell so i know how to blend them in.

What training company to go for? I'm in Lincolnshire but dont mind travelling
Which methods to train in?
How much money will i make from doing hair extensions?

Thank you! :)

I have to say if you have no qualifications in hairdressing at all then I'd be careful where you train. Most good courses don't allow non hairdressers anyway and after having years of experience in hair extensions it's vital.
Cutting and blending, are all things that take a long time to learn. For the amount of time it takes to also apply you don't earn masses to start with and with so many people just learning to do it to try and earn extra cash there is lots of competition.
I'd firstly train in cutting and see how you find it then go from there.
Sorry to be so negative that's just my view x

I've just booked with Oakley, I'm hoping there training is good? Anyone?

I've just completed Oakley academy course today in fusion bonds micro and nano beads, there was only 4 of us in the group and the tiger went through everything but I think the real learning comes on the job like when you pass you're driving test, I got a kit which includes model head, brush comb scissors razor and thinning scissors as well as pliers, loop and clips plus hair to practice with, a model head, heat connector and Oakley kit carry case, I've not had and hairdressing experience but the cutting and blending was very easy to do once you get to grips with it, there was tea/coffee all day and the day went by in a flash, the tutor said if I had any questions no matter how small just to text them, they also showed you what NOT to do, they give you a list of suppliers and insurance places, on the whole I found it very good I just need to practice to build up my confidence, SalonGeek is also my saviour for finding things out! I have two kids to so I know the struggle, I can't wait to get started [emoji4] you can open a trade account once you get your certificate which is 7-10 days after the course
Hope this helps x

I trained with Oakley in July and they are amazing. Honestly I thoroughly enjoyed the course and they are there whenever I have a question and are so so friendly a really lovely company x

If your not trained in hair, doing two courses maybe advised.

I've just completed Oakley academy course today in fusion bonds micro and nano beads, there was only 4 of us in the group and the tiger went through everything but I think the real learning comes on the job like when you pass you're driving test, I got a kit which includes model head, brush comb scissors razor and thinning scissors as well as pliers, loop and clips plus hair to practice with, a model head, heat connector and Oakley kit carry case, I've not had and hairdressing experience but the cutting and blending was very easy to do once you get to grips with it, there was tea/coffee all day and the day went by in a flash, the tutor said if I had any questions no matter how small just to text them, they also showed you what NOT to do, they give you a list of suppliers and insurance places, on the whole I found it very good I just need to practice to build up my confidence, SalonGeek is also my saviour for finding things out! I have two kids to so I know the struggle, I can't wait to get started [emoji4] you can open a trade account once you get your certificate which is 7-10 days after the course
Hope this helps x

I was just looking at the guns to buy one, so glad I read this first. I'm looking forward to this, I'm doing the same one as you, and have plans to do the second one soon once I've mastered these techniques.
Thanks.

Latest posts

Back