Training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaysmith87

Reaction score
Hi

This is my first post although I've been lurking for a while!

I am currently doing a part time evening course re-training for my NVQ Level 2 in Beauty Therapy.

I ideally want to change careers (currently in finance/administration), hence my re-training.

Looking through various job adverts it seems NVQ level 3 is usually the minimum standard required. This is not really a problem just means that I will have to go back to college 3 days a week next year, giving up my current job.

I just had a couple of questions, firstly do you think that any salon would take on anyone less that NVQ level 3 qualified as a "junior" type thing. (perhaps for the 2/3 days a week i am not at college studing for level 3).

Also I really want to gain a bit more experience in the salon enviroment (have been to many and worked in hair salons as a junior but not Beauty), do you think theres any possiblily of a saturday job or even just a bit of volenteering (sounds odd but i just want the experience!) before I've finished my level 2.

Any advice would be greatly aprechiated!

Im 22 - if thats of any use :)

You seem keen Kay (Keen Kay:))
That's what many salon owners want to see - someone who is willing to get out there and do what it takes.

If I were you I would go into local salons that look the type of place you would like to be a part of and ASK... if you don't ask - you don't get!!!

You are right - NVQ is minimum level - make super sure you get product and hands on education form your beauty brand of choice once you are finished! HTH's!

Latest posts

Back