Training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JodieN

Reaction score
Hi I am currently doing my NVQ in beauty and am also looking into offering NSI polish pro, I have a few questions about going mobile. On our course we complete 1 module at a time so we should be qualified in manicure soon do you think it is a good idea to start advertising one treatment at a time or would you wait until qualified in all treatments? Thanks

Anybody have any advice?

If you use the search function you'll find loads of info x

Thanks I have searched but not found anything specific maybe I'm not doing it right? I have been using this site for a while now but just reading posts and haven't found an answer

After I built up my courage to post might as well delete ha

Give people time. We're still recovering from our hangovers lol.

I think you should wait till your qualified in everything and in the meantime practice practice.

You will find alot of info about polish pro by searching. I personally didn't like it one bit! X

Sorry actually I have misunderstood what you meant by being qualified in all? X

Ha thanks I did post a few days ago I've had polish pro and liked it and my friend uses it with good results , will make a nice change as well as everywhere near me offers shellac! So I'm doing manicure, waxing, pedicure, eye treatments, facials and makeup but do each qualification at a time so will be qualified in manicure in a few weeks

Jodie, you have been very brave posting for the first time .. its a big step after just being a 'reader'.

Sunday is a very very slow day on SG, people are out and about or as Lolly said recovering from last night.

It will pickup about 7ish this evening and by tomorrow it will be back to its normal busy self.

I think what you are asking is should you advertise yourself as each module of your nvq is completed. So, soon you will finish manicure and then you move on to pedicures or waxing etc.

I think you should wait til you have completed all modules before actually advertising your services.

In the meantime you could start working on friends and family to build up your experience.

You must really do a search on 'mates rates' and 'do you charge your friends' 'discounting friends' and similar search terms.

Before you start on anything else you need to sort out what you are prepared to offer friends as a discount. You will see the horror stories other geeks have experienced by failing to charge friends properly from the start.

I can't help you at all with Polish Pro but if you do a search on this you should find other geeks views on it.

Shellac is an amazing product and Gelish also seems to be quite highly thought of.

Do your research before parting with a single penny, make sure you believe you have the right product first.

I do hope we'll see lots more of you on this site now that you have taken that first step!!!

Peace and respect

Jacqui xxx

Well to provide treatments to clients you will need insurance, I believe an insurer will only cover you when you supply certificates.
I had to complete my entire NVQ to receive a certificate so wouldn't be able to get insurance to cover me.

You can however get student insurance to cover you but you are not allowed to charge for treatments whilst using that.

HTH

Kim xx

Thank you I've been looking at student insurance because you can accept payment but not up to the usual rate x

Thank you I've been looking at student insurance because you can accept payment but not up to the usual rate x

Yep to cover your costs, also I had to make sure that all my advertising said that I was a student.

I remember what it was like, itching to get out there! Good luck :)

Kim xx

Latest posts

Back