Travel cost increase

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlanyaMackie

Reaction score
I currently charge £2 for travel. But my closest client is 30mins away. So therefore I am thinking of increasing it to £5 per appointment. I am a mobile nail tech. Is this too high. Would you be willing to pay an extra £5 as a client for your techs travel?

Why not charge by mileage?

I could do but some ladies I travel 30miles too. They are my largest clients and I’m sure they’d find somewhere else. Additionally me and my partner lives at opposite sides of my working area so my distance depends on where I’ve stayed the night before xx

Why not charge by mileage?

I could do but some ladies I travel 30miles too. They are my largest clients and I’m sure they’d find somewhere else. Additionally me and my partner live at opposite sides of my working area so my distance depends on where I’ve stayed the night before xx

Why don’t you increase your prices and say there’s no mileage charge? At least then clients know what they’re paying x

My husband works mainly from home as a maths tutor but he does offer home visits.
We have put on his website that the travel supplement is £3 per mile from our postcode to the client's postcode calculated using AA route planner (that's return, not each way).

Last edited:
I could do but some ladies I travel 30miles too. They are my largest clients and I’m sure they’d find somewhere else. Additionally me and my partner live at opposite sides of my working area so my distance depends on where I’ve stayed the night before xx
Id say to always calculate it from your home. If you happen to be closer because you stayed at your partners house then that's a small bonus for you or just tell them on the day I was closer by and charge accordingly.

If you're travelling 30 miles you need to make sure it's profitable. I've only been moaning to the wife the past couple weeks the cost of fuel at the moment. They may be your best clients but if you aren't really making any money than it's a waste of time :) Remember the travel cost should cover fuel, insurance, tax and wear and tear on the vehicle.

Thank you this makes sense!

Why don’t you increase your prices and say there’s no mileage charge? At least then clients know what they’re paying x

I thought about this but as I have clients that come to my home treatment room and many over lap, feel it wouldn’t be fair to have two prices, and increase the price for no reason with the ones that travel to me :) x

Latest posts

Back