Travelling, to go or not to go?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlytaylor1986

Reaction score
I've just about hand enough of my mundane life in the UK. Get up, go to an office job that I don't enjoy, go home, go to the gym, do nails, go to bed, get up...and the cycle continues. The only part that I do enjoy is doing nails. Travelling has always been up there on my list of things to do and I keep putting it off as, if I am honest, I am terrified of doing it alone. I own my own 1-bed flat here which I love but like I said I am so bored of my life/never meeting a guy/wondering will I ever have kids etc (I am nearly 29). I was thinking about perhaps planning a travelling trip for a substantial amount of time (perhaps go for a year), but is it too big a step to take? Can I have your stories please :)

Do it. You only live once. Make memories.

No stories. But my husband and I are currently having the same talks.

Good luck. Xx

I know but it's terrifying haha. I'm worried I'll get there, make no friends and not know what the hell to do haha! xxx

not sure if there is any but if they is, how about signing up to travel specific forums or something? That way you can talk to like minded people and you may make some friends along the way? Xx

That is a very good idea :) I was already looking but there are soooo many hehe! Thank you :) xxxxx

You can always come home it's not forever! And remember everyone travelling is by themselves so I doubt you will never make friends. At least if you only go for a month or two you will still have done and had great memories! Xx

Definitely go for it! You may never get the opportunity again and as above - If you have to you can come home. It sounds daunting but people hit off all the time on their own and meet so many people along the way. May be the best decision you will ever make:)

Have no stories but I had to reply and tell you to go for it! Plan it now and just do it! Good luck xxx

Aww thank you all for your messages! It's so scary. I had it all planned before but my mum wouldn't let me go, I had my working visa for Australia and everything and she had a meltdown and I felt guilty so I didnt go :( I do feel a bit resentful as that visa cost a fair bit of money but I just want to go out there and enjoy life xxx

Definitely do it! I'm planning to go to Aus when i've finished college next summer, feel like i need to do it before i start to settle down! Always jealous of everyone travelling and seeing their pics on facebook :cool:xx

Do it...it sounds amazing.

I've never done it myself, but i have a few family members who have gone travelling and every single one of them has decided to stay on because they enjoyed it so much. I can understand the scary part. My cousin went to Australia with her boyfriend for a year but within a couple of weeks they broke up and he went back home. She thought about leaving but decided to stick it out on her own and she is having an absolute blast! She's been travelling for about 2 and a half years now, lol.

If you're not too sure, how about a taster experience, like going for a month or with a group. A friend of mine is doing this next year, on her own, but with a coach trip kind of thing xx

It would be worth it! Also, a little R&R away from work doesn't do any harm. Maybe a few more pounds, but once you get back to work, you'll feel all refreshed and ready to go!

Don't take offence. I've not bothered reading.
Just go!!! Travel!! See the world!!!!!

Latest posts

Back