Treat Card

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxx

Reaction score
I recently started my business in novmeber 2012 and after having alot of companies phoning to see if i was interested in their services. i dont know whicih ones to trust anymore. i got an email yesterday to my facebook from a company called treat card. this is what was said:

"I have a small salon and I started a scheme to build up my quiet days, it was running a loyalty scheme giving my clients a continuous an exclusive set discount on my quiet days, the word spread and it really took off gaining me loyal clients and a higher turnover, it did so well I have launched a website for all salons to run the same scheme and we advertise you for free.

We are now recruiting salons in Edinburgh...

Treat Card already promotes over 400 salons around the UK on the site.

I would like businesses with high standards to represent treat card.

I would like to make your salon a free portfolio on the site.

You get free publicity, free advertising, free links to your website and free media coverage.

I will also be linking up with a mental health charity raising money and awareness so you advertising on the site for free will be helping charity!

If you would like more info please message me or check out the website

You can click add my salon and do yourself a free profile on the website or you can message me your details and I can do it for you

Hope to work with you soon!!"

do you think this is a good idea?

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing you can do is google the company and see if it real or fake, google has most answers :D

Sent from my GT-P5110 using SalonGeek

I think there's a flaw in their opening paragraph. If the schemes a success then you wouldn't have quiet days where you need to give 25% - 50% off all the time.

That aside, I've had a look at their website. There's only 5 salons listed for Edinburgh, none in my area. So it's still very new.

I've not heard of them, wonder how many people have?

On their homepage it says you can get 50% off, I see the salons in your area giving 25% off, just makes me think groupon.

I've used the google keyword tool to see how many people type 'My treat card' into google each month. 210 a month for the whole country, that's incredibly low. How many of those 210 people will be in Edinburgh?

Let's say 10 of those people are from Edinburgh. How many of them will be looking for your services in your area?

I also got this today to my facebook account. I ignored it.:)

My local salon does a free cut with a colour on a set day. Tuesday for one branch Wednesday for another.... It's fantastic and I've introduced a lot of people to them (it helps that it's a 50% off for you and your friend if you recommend a friend and its unlimited on how many people you can recommend) but I know about it because someone introduced me and I then introduced about 5 more regulars... It works so well but it's word of mouth. I don't think you need to go with this company. You can just do it independently xxx

Thanks girls, usually something like that I would ignore but couldn't resist having a neb of what other salons in Edinburgh were on it and then noticed a salon which is run by a CND Shellac Education Ambassador.

There is a legit site called 'My Treat Card'. Salons choose to offer 25% off or other treats to cardholders. I joined last year but havent had anyone use a card at my salon.

There is a legit site called 'My Treat Card'. Salons choose to offer 25% off or other treats to cardholders. I joined last year but havent had anyone use a card at my salon.

Yes this is it!! Would you not recommend it then?

Hya.

I have registered my salon yesterday on MYTREATCARD its free. Ill wait till someone replays to my offer and will see if it works.
Definitely worth to register. Its free and wont do any harm.
Hope it helps.

Yes this is it!! Would you not recommend it then?
All I can say really is that i've not had a single client use a My Treat Card so it hasn't brought me any business.

Latest posts

Back