Treatment bed vs chair-opinions please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jord98

Reaction score
Just joined and I am struggling where to post, can't find general topics.

Anyway My father said if I can't find a place the mods will help me out.

I was going to ask who uses chairs vs a bed?

I have been thinking that some treatments would be better served in a chair rather than the bed I use.

What are people's thoughts on that?

Jordan xx

I think it would depend what sort of couch you have and what treatments you offer.
What did you have in mind?

I have always used a bed (Portable massage/treatment bed)but I was treating a client to a brow shape and tint a few days ago at home as my beauty room isn't open until the 1st and she asked to be seated. This was my first client who did not want to use a bed so was just wondering how likely is it that more clients would prefer to sit in a chair and would it be worth me getting a treatment chair.

I have the back up on my couch for Brow treatments so they're sat up anyway (the leg section also folds down so they can sit as if in a chair). My daughter uses her makeup stool to do Brow treatments, even though she has a couch as well so I guess it's down to personal preference for you - and your clients. If you can use your couch, do you want the expense of buying a chair as well? Or would you use it for pedis as well maybe? X

I have always used a bed (Portable massage/treatment bed)but I was treating a client to a brow shape and tint a few days ago at home as my beauty room isn't open until the 1st and she asked to be seated. This was my first client who did not want to use a bed so was just wondering how likely is it that more clients would prefer to sit in a chair and would it be worth me getting a treatment chair.

I always use the beauty couch for eyebrows. If you are comfortable using a chair by all means but I would probably wax an eyebrow off :D I struggle to bend and lean over the table so a chair would be more difficult.

Just reminds me of doing my own eyebrows and it slipping down into my eyes haha. And someone wanted me to do it while in my makeup chair once....it was just super awkward.

I have the back up on my couch for Brow treatments so they're sat up anyway (the leg section also folds down so they can sit as if in a chair). My daughter uses her makeup stool to do Brow treatments, even though she has a couch as well so I guess it's down to personal preference for you - and your clients. If you can use your couch, do you want the expense of buying a chair as well? Or would you use it for pedis as well maybe? X
I can put the back up on mine but the legs do not move. Definitely don't and can't afford the expense of a chair just got a bargain on a solid wood bed to replace my mobile one and that is the last piece of equipment I can afford all money now allocated for stock and fizz for opening day.
I always use the beauty couch for eyebrows. If you are comfortable using a chair by all means but I would probably wax an eyebrow off :D I struggle to bend and lean over the table so a chair would be more difficult.

Just reminds me of doing my own eyebrows and it slipping down into my eyes haha. And someone wanted me to do it while in my makeup chair once....it was just super awkward.

LOL

Have always used the couch just client preferred it so I wanted her to be comfortable.

Thanks for the replies off to my other post to hopefully clear things up.

Jordan xx

Latest posts

Back